Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:26:38 PM EDT
i purchased a m14 polytech at a gun show and went to shoot it today and it would not eject the shells. When i went to eject the shell the bolt came apart and i had to put it back in.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
So, exactly what kind of help are you expecting?
Seems like you got everything sorted out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
it still  well not eject the shells. I have to do it manually.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Poly Tech M14's are notorious for having bad bolts. Check the M1 forum for a solution.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Ummm, I can tell you this.
You won't be able to access any warranty help for one of these rifles anymore and need to find a gunsmith skilled in the M14 type rifle and knowledgable of the Chinese versions quirks.
When you say you put the bolt back together, did you reinstall the ejector and spring and did you align the ejector correctly so it is not sticking in the tunnel?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you mean that the action did not cycle at all? If so, check the gas shutoff valve on the gas tube. The screwdriver slot should be up and down when rifle is level, (perpendicular to barrel).
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
No, I think he is talking about the op rod jumping out and off track, then reinserting it to connect with the bolt.
Sounds like you have some problems.
Check the gas valve and see if it is shut off or open. It is in the gas cylinder below the barrel in front of the wood.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't you guys just love cryptic original posts!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top