Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 2:07:31 PM EDT
im planning on building a decent rifle to squirrel hunt with and just plink. i already have a ruger 10/22 thats just plain fun to shoot, but its groups have started to open up since i got it. and after 100k rds through it.

these have a tasco reddot PDP3, along with my homemade sling, always in ready position.

BC folding

BC folder 2

now i have a tasco 4x32, pics soon.

i just found a used ruger 10/22 standard model for $150 today. im planning on getting it and putting a co-polymer barrel($100 at gun show), houge overmold stock($45-50 also gunshow), walmart bipod (39.99), my gunsmith billybob can hook me up with trigger work($30), bolt buffer($5), i was given a leupold 2-7x33 very nice especially when i send it to leupold to fix the rattling in it. all together thats bout $ 375

my question is does all this sound good? should i not get some of these parts and go for some other ones? thanks for any info, i want to get it right the first time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Go here catalog.jgsales.com/ and get the clerke/hogue combo for $110. Then get a replacement hammer from here www.volquartsen.com/ for $40. Then go here rimfirecentral.com/forums/ if you have any other questions or need info on how to put the hammer in. Takes about 15 minutes by the way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]
i got the taking the 10/22 apart memorized by now. so the hammer shouldnt take bout 3 min to put in. im just trying to think bout what scope mount should i use? i like weaver rings and the way they mount to the reciever. should i go all out and get the mount that attaches to the barrel to? or will the weaver rail for the reciever work just fine?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Why buy a used 10/22 for $150 when you can get a brand new one from walmart for $166? just wondering...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Weaver's are fine. If you look at the pics of the suped up ones on rimfirecentral, not many of them are cantilevered(sp?). Kooter is right, $150 used is pretty high.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]
the rifle is new, about 5-6 months old. bout 1k rds maybe 2k rds through it. so it is practially brand new.  i forgot to add that. i am gettin it from a friend of mine. he is in a "finacial bind" right now and needs some money. it is coming with 1 facorty mag. 3 steel lips 10 rd mags, 4x32 scope and a black and red soft case that has Ruger 10/22 on it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top