Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/1/2002 11:38:50 AM EST
does anyone know the size of the hex nut the holds in the pistol grip on my AR (RRA)

I want to take it off so I can put on a different grip.

Now, does anyone know where I can get a wrench for it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 2:26:21 PM EST
It's not a nut it is a allen head bolt and the size is 3/16 I believe. Any home center or hardware store should have what you need I would suggest a long "L" shaped allen wrench or even better the "T" shaped wrench. HTH
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 2:42:26 PM EST
...and watch out for the selecter detent and spring. It's held in place on the left side by the top of the grip.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:09:24 PM EST
IT differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. My Colt, and my roomie's DPMS both use a slotted bolt. A standard screwdriver is always close at hand. You might want to get something of the sort.
Top Top