Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2015 12:15:43 PM EST
Armson USA has gotten their tritium license, so you can now get new Armson sights with tritium inserts.

BETTER STILL: Armson will install replacement tritium in OEGs, and expects to also do replacement of tritium on Trilux sights soon! Cost for replacement is cheap, too, 40 bucks. I have OEGs on my FAL and Uzi that need replacement, and they told me about 48hrs turnaround. Just FYI for everyone with these sights.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:02:43 PM EST
nice!

and thank you
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:35:59 AM EST
Awesome. I have an ancient OEG that needs new tritium.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:07:51 AM EST
AWESOME!!!!!! Now I can get that original OEG on the FAL dustcover working again....might go on the Rhodie!
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:00:24 PM EST
I can see a future pic thread coming...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:15:21 PM EST
A big thank you to everyone who has patiently waited through the very long process in the issuance of our Tritium license. More information on Tritium replacement is available here: Armson Tritium Replacement
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:57:25 PM EST
Color me interested
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:35:02 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mattpsky:
Color me interested
View Quote

If you have one (or more) to send back you can find return information here: http://armsonusa.com/trup1.html - Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:45:39 AM EST
Glad to see so many older OEGs still coming through the door for tritium. Amazing how great some of the 30+ year old sights look!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:43:35 PM EST

There have been some requests for before/after photos and I don't think that anyone really thought much about taking a "before" photo... We have been more concerned with turnaround but have done a few. One set here. The older sight (foreground) had front dome that was only in production for a few years. We CAN modify the current (and by current we are talking 1985 or so +) dome to fit if one is broken, but we have a restoration process that we used on this one that works pretty well. The "newer" sight has a new dome - new snap rings and knobs on both. Rear lens was pulled for cleaning on one, plus cosmetic touch up (the older sight had so much wear that it actually looked better with only minimal touch up - that sight has seen a LOT of use in 30+ years - and the older the sight the less we tend to mess with the "patina"...). That is ALL included in the Tritium replacement/refurbishment at no additional cost!

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:41:16 PM EST
What do the mounts for the FAL look like?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:23:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
What do the mounts for the FAL look like?
View Quote

We modified receiver covers that were actually South African R1/2/3 production. At that time it was one of the only options and worked as well as any stamped receiver cover with a mount... We actually haven't really sold the mount is several years because of the number of current options, although we have had three back in for tritium replacement that all looked great!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:28:14 PM EST

More O.E.G.s coming in every day for tritium replacement. Swamped last week with 35+ year old sights - every one of them still looked great!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:14:14 AM EST
Any update on availability for Trillux sights?

Rob
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:45:50 AM EST
What does the reticle look like? I have never seen one of these.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:35:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By mah827:
What does the reticle look like? I have never seen one of these.
View Quote

Dot or picket post (red for both). The dot is approximately 3.5 MOA and has changed in size a bit over the past odd 40 years but we feel is pretty well optimized for .223 (with a 1x sight). The picket post looks just like a picket fence post... They are typically used on 40mm grenade launchers with the post representing the size of a person at 100 meters giving it a ranging element. The post is an option but not commonly used.
Top Top