Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 1:08:20 PM EDT
How is Opsinc Customer service for us civilians? Anyone have any dealings with em for anything?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely phenominal. I had a baffle strike from a bad bullet that destroyed everything but the tube itself (including the muzzle brake). Ron repaired if for me free of charge and had it back to me in about 3 weeks.

There's a post with pics in the Ops Inc forum on TOS detailing my own experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Absolutely phenominal. I had a baffle strike from a bad bullet that destroyed everything but the tube itself (including the muzzle brake). Ron repaired if for me free of charge and had it back to me in about 3 weeks.

There's a post with pics in the Ops Inc forum on TOS detailing my own experience with them.

What caused your baffle strike originally?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The best everyone can figure is that it was a bad Hornady SP bullet. It was a last minute range trip and I didn't have any ammo loaded, so I grabbed a box of my Dept issued Black Hills SP's that we use (Red Box).
Started shooting and all was well. As I was finishing up, I got to shot 7 of a 10 shot string at the 300yd steel and didn't hear the impact. I could have sworn it was a good shot like the other 6, but figured I slacked off and missed. I fired shots 8, 9 and 10 and they fell within the group of the other 6.
Only when I put the rifle up did I notice the discoloration and an endcap strike. Looking closely at the inside of the muzzle brake, the bullet had veered off course the 1.5" or so from the crown of the barrel and hit the inside edge of the muzzle brake. Once it hit the MB, everything careened on into the suppressor. The best we can figure was that there was a void in the bullet that sent it off course like it did.

To give credit to Black Hills, they offered to pay for the damages. I didn't have to do anything though, Ron took care of everything. As Ron said, sometimes you just get a bad bullet and this just reinforced why I don't like Hornady bullets for precision rifle use.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Might as well use the double post for something-here's the pics...

Endcap

Baffle Strike

If you look closely, you can see the impact on the inside edge of the brake
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Might as well use the double post for something-here's the pics...

Endcap
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Lawdog734/DCP_0225.jpg

Baffle Strike
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Lawdog734/PSI-Pics/BaffleStrike.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the impact on the inside edge of the brake
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/Lawdog734/DCP_0229.jpg

holy shit
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The best everyone can figure is that it was a bad Hornady SP bullet. It was a last minute range trip and I didn't have any ammo loaded, so I grabbed a box of my Dept issued Black Hills SP's that we use (Red Box).
Started shooting and all was well. As I was finishing up, I got to shot 7 of a 10 shot string at the 300yd steel and didn't hear the impact. I could have sworn it was a good shot like the other 6, but figured I slacked off and missed. I fired shots 8, 9 and 10 and they fell within the group of the other 6.
Only when I put the rifle up did I notice the discoloration and an endcap strike. Looking closely at the inside of the muzzle brake, the bullet had veered off course the 1.5" or so from the crown of the barrel and hit the inside edge of the muzzle brake. Once it hit the MB, everything careened on into the suppressor. The best we can figure was that there was a void in the bullet that sent it off course like it did.

To give credit to Black Hills, they offered to pay for the damages. I didn't have to do anything though, Ron took care of everything. As Ron said, sometimes you just get a bad bullet and this just reinforced why I don't like Hornady bullets for precision rifle use.

Glad you didn't get hurt and kudos to Ron of OPS for fixing it.  Your pictures aren't as bad as I had envisioned it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Customer service was good to me.  I got an e-mail from Ron that one of my OPS silencers was missing an engraving mark and he needed it back to complete.  I sent it in and in no time had it back along with $25...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Glad you didn't get hurt and kudos to Ron of OPS for fixing it.  Your pictures aren't as bad as I had envisioned it.

Nope, it definetely could have been worse. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know there was an issue until I put the rifle back in the rack. There were no weird noises or recoil impulses at all.
I didn't see what everything looked like when things were taken apart, but apparently they were bad enough to where everything needed to be replaced except for the tube itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top