Looking for Ops Core AMP arms
Is HCC Tactical legit?
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is HCC Tactical legit?
View Quote

HCC is legit, I do not believe they have them in stock though.

PM me
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my AMP's from them, good customer service!
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
HCC is good to go, very informative and helpful, I think alot of the Amps and its accessories are backlogged right now so you might have to wait a couple weeks, but I would give HCC  a call and ask about their current lead times.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is HCC Tactical legit?
View Quote

I feel like we went through this a while ago when I said "yeah I just went ahead and ordered direct from Gentex because the HCC site kept fucking me about being outside the US "
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I feel like we went through this a while ago when I said "yeah I just went ahead and ordered direct from Gentex because the HCC site kept fucking me about being outside the US "
View Quote

Gentex was giving me fits when I tried to order
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gentex was giving me fits when I tried to order
View Quote

Strange- HCC was the issue from me. Nothing worse than trying to give someone your money, and they make it difficult. Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered an AMP down lead cable and boom mic on July 8th from Gentex and nothing has happened since then, still awaiting fulfillment
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered an AMP down lead cable and boom mic on July 8th from Gentex and nothing has happened since then, still awaiting fulfillment
View Quote

I ordered my first set of Arms direct too - they came pretty quick. I need a second set, but thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I ordered my first set of Arms direct too - they came pretty quick. I need a second set, but thanks for the heads up!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did come pretty quick back then didn't they? I don't remember waiting long at all. I should've ordered comms then but I wasn't sure what radio's I would end up with

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

you gotta be close.  it took just over a month when i ordered mine in late june.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#11]
There’s one in the EE right now
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There’s one in the EE right now
View Quote

There WAS one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:32:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There WAS one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2020 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you gotta be close.  it took just over a month when i ordered mine in late june.
View Quote
7 weeks later, order status changed to awaiting shipping finally. I don't mind waiting for proprietary stuff like AMP parts, especially from some place as big as Gentex, but this kind of wait for more common stuff drives me nuts

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Arrived

I’m not thinking these are going to play well with HL impact Sports

The TFB article used Tactical 6S. Might be a $60 lesson
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Arrived

I’m not thinking these are going to play well with HL impact Sports

The TFB article used Tactical 6S. Might be a $60 lesson
View Quote

Why's that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why's that?
View Quote

Batteries in one side and the cord connects them. Even running the cord under the Mohawk it probably won’t stretch

Attachment Attached File

Then the attachment arm wants to cover right over top the volume control and the mic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Batteries in one side and the cord connects them. Even running the cord under the Mohawk it probably won’t stretch

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184182/AB742725-BBA7-4BCA-8F33-CA23EEBE1654_jpe-1578477.JPG

Then the attachment arm wants to cover right over top the volume control and the mic

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184182/E1E6D10D-9C1F-4ED2-B33F-5B86DBF5FBF9_jpe-1578481.JPG
View Quote

I was anticipating losing the attachment arms, and using a fender washer on the inside of the plastic ear muff housing, with a small screw through the outside, and a nut with some blue threadlocker on the outside.

With the cord, can you run the cord on the inside of the helmet, and have enough slack to "pop open" the AMP arms when you want muffs off? If not, can that cord be spliced and extended?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#20]
You could also try mounting the AMP Socket with JB Weld after trimming to a circle. But on HL's it may be a bit harder without a battery hump - the socket is angled at the bottom. But there might be enouch "flat" to work?

Earmor M32H's w/AMP Socket:

Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Hopefully work will be slow today and I can fuck around with it
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered some Peltor 6 Tacticals to try this again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top