Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 9:41:42 AM EDT
I need a case to carry 4 long guns.  Although I'd love to have a Pelican case, I just can't justify spending $400 for two cases to carry 4 guns, plus it would probably get pretty heavy lugging to the range.  I've seen the SKB 4 gun case for about $200, and it looks like it will do.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  My only concern with it is if the guns moving around inside and bumping against each other.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any experience with the 4 gun model, but I do have their 2 gun and their 2 gun take down.  They make an extremely nice case, but you must PAY for quality and durability - and I mean trips to the chiropractor!  These things get heavy when loaded; I can't even imagine what a loaded 4 gunner would weigh.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one of these and am satisfied wih it.  These is a separator between the two levels and the padding is tight enough so the guns on one level can't shift.  My scoped AR fills one level and I can't get another long gun on that level.  Shopping around will yield a better price.  I got mine at Natchez Shooters Supply for about $150.00
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#3]
sltfshr,
I have one of the SKB two gun cases, and a two gun Browning Travel Vault (relabeled Pelican case). I like both hardcases, but I slightly favor the SKB. It is well made and highly functional. I imagine that the four gun SKB would be of the same standard. The only potential problems might be the bulk and weight of the SKB when loaded. The wheels on the SKB would help with the weight problem.
Mike
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, the SKB cases are top notch.  Not only are they virtually indestructable, but are impervious to water, oil, solvents, etc., and also have a neoprene O-ring lining the valance to keep out moisture.  Very highly recommend them.  Good luck.

Cloak-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top