Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 6:35:34 PM EDT
saw one at a local gunshop.  looks damn good.  anyone have any experiences?  should i go this route or the Rem 870 Express Magnum (looks like the police one - just doesnt say police)

thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They are just Winchester 1200's. Nothing wrong with them. Some people prefer them to the 870's, or 590's.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't quote me here cuz I may be wrong, but I believe that the FN is $300+. Whereas an "Express" is $250ish.

I think that there is some extra dukets going to FN cuz it says "FN".

If you are truely interested in an 870 - look to the LE or police mag gun.

Personally, I am a 590 guy for variety of very good reasons.

To each his own.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i have an FN Police. and it is a Winchester Defender 1300. i got mine for $389 out the door. the cost over the defender is for the standard rifle sights and the 3 choke tubes which i dont believe the $300 baseline Defender has. i bought it because i was impressed with the speed of the mechanism and the obvious build quality which to me seems much more solid than most shotguns. it has that tank-like feel of a 590A1 without all the bulk. not to say that its heavy, its not. it just feels solid, and tight. also i prefer the rotary bolt mechanism. it truly is possible to fire 4 rds before the first hull hits the ground. AND due to the design of the elevator and the AR-type bolt it will function flawlessly with Aguila mini-shell. did i mention it will hold 14 mini-shells?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
ok, the Rem 870 i am looking at is all black, has synthetic stocks, 18'' barrel and full mag tube.  it says Rem 870 Express Magnum, but not Police.  what is the difference? just the markings?

thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top