Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2010 4:55:55 PM EDT
I just got a lee challenger press and I want to mount it to something but I don’t want to mount it to a bench. So my question is how I would get about mounting so I can move it around and use it easily? I’m sorry if this question has been answered before.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Mount it to some sort of a plate and clamp the plate to your bench?

I mount all of my presses to 1" thick aluminum plates that have a specific bolt down pattern in them.  All of the plates are then interchangeable in mounting to my bench.   (I am on the overkill end of things)
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I was thinking but I wanted soem imput from more experanced people first.
Thank you
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Bolt press to 2 x 6, 2 x 8, what ever you got, C clamp to table, bench, ect.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Birch or Oak plywood is your friend.

Take 2 pieces of high quality plywood 3/4" thick, mount the press to one of them.

Countersink some holes in the second piece to line up with the end of the bolts sticking out on the bottom of the first piece, then attach them together with heavy duty wood screws.

Now you have an assembly which can be clamped to any table, and if you need to take it apart, it's just a few screws.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

All 4 of my presses are mounted on 2x8 or 2x12. I countersink holes in the bottom and run the bolts up from the bottom to secure the press. Then I use 2 C-clamps to put it where ever I want on the bench without drilling holes all over my bench.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.  I used my RC for a long time bolted to a 2x6 C-clamped to the table.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1

I have stuff bolted to boards and C-clamped all over the place. Works great.

jonblack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top