Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 11:22:00 PM EDT
While looking through the Natchez catalog, I came across rubber buckshot made by Sellier and Bellot.
They come in three different flavors: 15 pellet, 1 ball, and 2 balls.

Which one would have better non-lethal stopping power? My guess would be the one with 2 balls (leave the dirty comments to yourself).
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#1]
In what situation do you see yourself using these loads?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought some of the 1 ball and 15 pellet sizes for chasing dogs off my property that I don't want hanging around. For defensive uses against people I would use real buckshot. If I'm in a situation where I'm shooting at a human for self defense I'm gonna put them down as fast and as sure as I can.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Neither rubber buckshot, or any other specialty impact round has "Stopping" power. They are primarily pain compliance tools used to make the target give up or run away. Although they are painful, and the target may fall down because they are suprised, afraid, or interupted in motion the round will not reliably "stop" someone. If your comfortable with those limits, and still want some, find out what the velocity of the respective loads is. Zippy is good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
In most jurisdictions, if you shoot someone with "non lethal" rounds it is still considered deadly force.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If I truly now that I don`t have to kill someone, but must use force, then I will use non-lethal rounds.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The ammo you are referring to is "less lethal", not non-lethal. It is less lethal than buckshot, but it can still be lethal.

Law Enforcement never uses "less lethal" ammo without substantial backup from other officers with the real ammo.

I understand your way of thinking, but if you pull a firearm, it should be your last resort. I'd want the best buckshot I could find, not some bouncy rubber balls.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The use of LTL ammo is in the same category as warning shots. If you feel that you are endangered enough to utilize deadly force (a firearm) then you are not allowed to use it to "scare people off."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top