Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 5:00:09 PM EDT
I am trying to find a way to get an M4/CAR stock on a 10-22.  It needs to be solid and I need to use irons, nodak or tech.  Most of the options I have seen look like they suck and the poor designs limit you to using high optics.  

How was this done, where did the stock come from?

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a cut down Choate M4 style stock.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44969/avs%7CManufacturer_1=CHOATE/Product/RUGER-reg-10-22-reg-M4-PISTOL-GRIP-STOCK
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that is a cut down and modified Choate fixed pistol grip, not the M4.   The stock is lower (allowing the use of irons) and is attached differently.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that one was custom built by someone at Nodak Spud.  I seem to recall that from when it was first posted awhile back.  It is a custom built stock that was built off the Choate folding stock.

There is a guy here in AZ that custom builds them like that too.   He cut down a Choate folding stock for me and rigged it for a 10/22 SBR.  I prefer the folding stock to the AR style so I had him leave the folding stock part the way it was.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be pretty east to whack a choate or butler creek folder to do that too.  I think they would have a little more meat back there to screw on one of the pig nose adapters from Ace.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe that one was custom built by someone at Nodak Spud.  I seem to recall that from when it was first posted awhile back.  It is a custom built stock that was built off the Choate folding stock.

There is a guy here in AZ that custom builds them like that too.   He cut down a Choate folding stock for me and rigged it for a 10/22 SBR.  I prefer the folding stock to the AR style so I had him leave the folding stock part the way it was.

That would be me I stumbled on this post. The piece that connects the rear M4 stock was made by ACE and I dont know if they still make them. But basically, you cut off the back of the Choate Stock, and attach that piece, then make a filler piece for the cutdown stock in front. I had one exactly like that for my SBR awhile back. Still think its cool. PM if you want one, I can still do them.......
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure how it looks on the 10/22 but I have the ATI Strikeforce Stock on my Mini 14 and love it. I know they make one for the 10/22 but I have never seen one up close so I'm not sure how good it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top