Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 5:00:09 PM EDT
I am trying to find a way to get an M4/CAR stock on a 10-22.  It needs to be solid and I need to use irons, nodak or tech.  Most of the options I have seen look like they suck and the poor designs limit you to using high optics.  

How was this done, where did the stock come from?

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:29:02 PM EDT
Thats a cut down Choate M4 style stock.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44969/avs%7CManufacturer_1=CHOATE/Product/RUGER-reg-10-22-reg-M4-PISTOL-GRIP-STOCK
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:06:23 PM EDT
I think that is a cut down and modified Choate fixed pistol grip, not the M4.   The stock is lower (allowing the use of irons) and is attached differently.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:50:21 PM EDT
I believe that one was custom built by someone at Nodak Spud.  I seem to recall that from when it was first posted awhile back.  It is a custom built stock that was built off the Choate folding stock.

There is a guy here in AZ that custom builds them like that too.   He cut down a Choate folding stock for me and rigged it for a 10/22 SBR.  I prefer the folding stock to the AR style so I had him leave the folding stock part the way it was.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:24:42 PM EDT
It would be pretty east to whack a choate or butler creek folder to do that too.  I think they would have a little more meat back there to screw on one of the pig nose adapters from Ace.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 1:40:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:53:45 PM EDT
Quoted:
I believe that one was custom built by someone at Nodak Spud.  I seem to recall that from when it was first posted awhile back.  It is a custom built stock that was built off the Choate folding stock.

There is a guy here in AZ that custom builds them like that too.   He cut down a Choate folding stock for me and rigged it for a 10/22 SBR.  I prefer the folding stock to the AR style so I had him leave the folding stock part the way it was.

That would be me I stumbled on this post. The piece that connects the rear M4 stock was made by ACE and I dont know if they still make them. But basically, you cut off the back of the Choate Stock, and attach that piece, then make a filler piece for the cutdown stock in front. I had one exactly like that for my SBR awhile back. Still think its cool. PM if you want one, I can still do them.......
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:29:24 PM EDT
I'm not sure how it looks on the 10/22 but I have the ATI Strikeforce Stock on my Mini 14 and love it. I know they make one for the 10/22 but I have never seen one up close so I'm not sure how good it is.
Top Top