Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 3:34:58 PM EDT
maybe someone can help, i want to buy an AR, but not to sure which one. i like the Bushmaster Dissipator A3 and the A3 20". want for protection and target. dont want to be limited on ammo type.any suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I am honored to be the first to welcome you to the forum.  I bought a Colt 20" Match Target and it has performed excellently.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The common mantra around here is ABC...  Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt.   You won't go wrong if you stick with one of these.

My dissipator is great, but I'm now learning to like my carbon-15 as well, since the factory got it working consistently.

Just lurk here a while and you'll pick up all you need to make a good choice.

Good luck!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My first was a Bushy and I love it like no other.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
maybe someone can help, i want to buy an AR, but not to sure which one. i like the Bushmaster Dissipator A3 and the A3 20". want for protection and target. dont want to be limited on ammo type.any suggestions.

Welcome aboard, cgars!
My hearty recommendation is the Bushmaster XM15-E2S in one of the two configurations you mentioned above, with the rifle/20" being a good choice for your first AR; and my personal favorite being the Dissipator.  
If you're set on the A3, be sure to get the A2 removeable sight handle to use the full front sight with.  It makes either the rifle or carbine more versatile.
Options abound.  Choose wisely for maximum effectiveness.  Whatever works for YOU is the best choice.  

Hang around, check out the site, and pick up some ideas.
This is the best ride in town.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for all the reply's. its a big help!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
COLT
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Protection and target? sounds like a Disapator to me.  The shorter barrel of the Disapator will be better in CQB, and still give you the proper distance between sights.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a Colt, you'll never be sorry!

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't go wrong with BUSH.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Heh heh...let me throw a round into the fire....DPMS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top