Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 7:44:26 AM EDT
I had a perfect place to shoot set up at a relative's house. I've been shooting there for quite a while. It was an open field at the base of a hill. I set the targets up in a recessed area and had bails of straw behind the target area (5 bails long, 6 bails high, 4 bails deep). Beyond the target is a hill, so any round that misses the bails will go directly into the hill, not to mention the hill is covered with trees. This is set-up on a plot of 150 acres with one house, and the house is behind me when I shoot. I had measured distances at 25m, 50m, 100m, 200m, 300m, and 500m. All of a sudden, this relative doesn't want me to shoot my "fire shooting riot gun" there. They're fine with the SKS, .22, handguns, and even the .300 win mag! I tried explaining everything to them, but I don't want to fight and am gracious I use their land now for shooting, so I need to find a place to shoot my AR-15.

This is mostly for Indiana/Illinois guys, but let me know what rifle ranges there are around Indiana, and/or point me towards a listing of ranges. I've found a couple small listings, but none within 3-4 hours of my residence. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Believe it or not, I have never been to a public range. I always shoot in the field next to my home. I can only get 200 yards out of it, but it is better than nothing. I have an Indiana hunting regulations book that lists shooting ranges in it. What county do you reside in, and what are the surrounding counties?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top