Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:56:23 PM EDT
just got a brand new gsg 5 pk gun, really like the looks and feel of it,

it is brand new in box as i just got it from the dealer 2 days ago,

question i have,

is that the lower portion feels a bit loose, not a toal solid tight hold, has some play to it,

is that normal ?

and i clearly notice that the main front screw that holds it in place which is by the magwell just simply spins,
with no need of a screw driver, it is actually spinning together with the screw on the opposite end, just by finger touch...

is that normal ?

is there anything wrong with it ?

and why is the lower not a solid tight hold, has some play to it ? as obviously due to that one main screw which hold the lower in place...

thank you so much,

my email is [email protected]

best regards.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Just tighten up that front screw......snug, not super tight......do the same w/ the rear and the one up by the front sight.

Do a once over on the rest of the gun, lightly oil the moving parts, go have fun !!

Now there are a few "must" upgrades. And a few not so..........Go shoot first !!

Must upgrades, get "Screw Kit" and "Delfrin Buffer" ....Rrages.com...$15 +/-........PK model might not need Buffer???

Not so upgrades, well, there is a million of them.....(see tacked threads at the top of this forum)

Anyways, Have a fun time with the new toy.............If you have problems, dont panic, come back here...........lots of knowledgable people in here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
how can i tighten it when they are both spinning at the same time ?

do i need two screwdrivers to hold at both ends  ??

and also when i try to dry fire it after i engage the cocking lever, nothing happens as usually all my other 22 rifles and any gun would click, there is no click.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Use 2 screwdrivers...........take the pin out first so you can see how it works, then put back in snug.

The "click thing".......I dunno?.......just load and shoot...........I've never dry-fired mine, I dont think its very good for the firing pin anyway???

When you go to shoot the gun, and no click,, and it doesnt fire, then worry?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
just now, i actually just tried with two screwdrivers on both sides, and the two scews are nice tight together,

yet still clearly spin together by simply the touch of hand with no force applied at all, and the entire lower portion is a tab loose with significant play in it.

all the other screws (front and rear) are nice and tight and do hold in place firmly but only this one the one that is holding the lower portion of the gun is spinning freely as a whole,

which makes the lower portion of the gun a tab loose,

as far as firing, i just installed the mag, and tried it with the mag in,

it makes a clinging sound, but the side ejection port portion did not close.

is that correct and proper ?

appreciate very much your help,

how is the support of this company as if its not right i want it replaced as whole, i would prefer a new gun as this one is unfired and i collect them so would want a new replacement gun.

thank you,
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]
No offense but perhaps your a bit of hypochondriac.........as far as having play in your lower, it has NOTHING to do with the lower front pin or the rear pin for that matter.  Pop the rear endcap....look at the two flanged rails on each side of the top of the lower that ride on the upper.  Then hold with one hand the upper firmly and with the other hand grab the pistol grip and gentle with increasing pressure try to rock the lower side to side all the while keeping total eyes on the movement on the section where the lowers rails rest on the upper.

PS...when you see this is the cause, you will then see there is no real fix and that it plays zero diff. in the functionality of the gsg.....just like play b/t  uppers and lowers on ARs.

For further evidence as well that the screws have no relevance on slop.....PUSH PINS, the only screw on the gun that remotely depends on some tension is the handguard pin, because some like how it snugs it up.  So the screws are never designed to "squeeze" and the only reason it has the 2 screws on each side is to prevent them from simply sliding out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
As far as dry firing goes.  It will only dry fire if you cock the charging handle, flip the safety off, and insert an EMPTY magazine.  This gun will not dry fire without a mag inserted.  THAT SAID, "DO NOT" DRY FIRE WITHOUT THE ORANGE "EMPTY CHAMBER" PLUG INSERTED.  You will destroy the firing pin without the soft silicone plug to slow down it's inertia.

MadDog
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top