Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2002 9:58:40 PM EDT
I want to buy a long gun out of state and I live in California, how do I go about transfering the gun and paying for it? does the guy ship the gun too my FFL then I Give the money to the guy? or do I pay the gunshop and they pay the guy?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
1911 greg what i understand is that you go to your ffl guy and he sends a letter with his ffl # and a form with his blue ink signature to your prospective buyer then he sends it to your ffl guy then he charges you what ever you guys agreed on as his fee+s&h...
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 EDT
[#2]
If you don't have a FFL transfer agent you can find one at www.gunbroker.com by clicking on "for buyers" at the home page. Just follow directions. Another site that offers a list of FFL's is www.auctionarms.com.

I've bought out of state using a transfer agent many times. If you're buying from an out of state dealer, it's simple. Contact the seller and get the seller's address. Then tell your transfer agent to mail a signed copy of his license (FFL) to the seller. Once the seller has your FFL transfer agents info, he will ship the gun to your FFL.
You pay the seller for the gun directly. Then you pay your FFL a set fee for the transfer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto Crookshanks. I have an FFL and that is the way it works. Ask for a 5 day preview and how much will it cost to return should it not be the one you want.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did a transfer at my local FFL's shop today. I find a firearm that I want to buy on the internet, get a copy of my dealer's FFL, mail the FFL and money order to the seller, and flip my dealer a $20 bill when it arrives at his shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top