Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 3:56:53 AM EDT
Howdy. For christmas my dad gave my son a Remington 1100 LW in .410 ga. It's in great shape except someone did a really sloppy job reblueing the barrell. There are drips and runs on it.

I've never dealt with a job like that. What can I do about it?

My son is 1 so no hurry--it'll be a while before he can even lift the thing and years before he's allowed to shoot it (dad's sure gonna try it out for him, though).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Some good info here Refinishing, its not so hard to do at home for decent blue job.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
DuraCoat !!!

Fun project, great results.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
A real blued finish doesn't HAVE "drips and runs".
Sounds like someone applied a spray-on finish of some kind.

You have choices here:  Strip whatever it is and apply one of Brownell's spray on-bake on finishes, or send it out for a genuine blued or parkerized finish, or send it out for one of the commercial polymer coatings.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
On a great little shotgun like that I would have a pro reblue the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I would check and see if Remington would refinish the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top