Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2006 7:16:23 AM EDT
Woot! i'm stoked about this one - Gustov 1900 manufacture
Numbers matching, shiny bore and nice wood. I can't wait to shoot this sucker, except for ammo being kinda pricey..

I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad you like your new toy!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Glad you like your new toy!!!

A BIG +1 for Stevie.  Great seller, great stuff!
Thanks, Dude!

PM me when you get some M38's in - i'm hooked
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats! Great looking rifle. You will love they way they shoot. I have a 1914 Carl Gustov and it shoots less than 4" at 200 yards with Swede military ammo. Range report is manditory.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Congrats! Great looking rifle. You will love they way they shoot. I have a 1914 Carl Gustov and it shoots less than 4" at 200 yards with Swede military ammo. Range report is manditory.  

Are you aware of any place that sells 6.5X55 milsurp for a decent price?
AIM and Ammoman  have Wolf 6.5X55 FMJ and SP that i *think* is made by Sellier & Bellot?

And yeah, range report coming soon. I've wanted a M96 ever since Kimber first introduced the 'sporter' M96 with black ATI synthetic stock for $200 in 1994-'95.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Still have that 96/38!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still have that 96/38!!!

I was hoping for the lower priced one to still be available as i'm hurtin for $$ right now.
Hopefully you'll still have it in a couple of weeks when i'll be able to afford it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The last milsurp ammo I found was around 10 years a go. There was a run of Norma 140 grn in 200 rnd battle packs for around $60 or $80, headstamp was '80's manufacture. It was true 6.5 x 55 milspec ammo. I haven't seen it around for years. You might get lucky and find some at a gun show but as far as I know Norma isn't making it anymore. I did find a few rounds at a local gun store here but it was from the same run in the 80's. Remington, Winchester and PMC all have loadings for it, although the PMC was loaded a little hot. No matter, it is expensive when compaired with most other military cartridges.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The Wolf is not S&B manufacturer. It is produced by Privi-partisan and it shoots very well. I'm Getting 1/2" groups at 25 meters with my ljungman.

It'll probably do better in the 96

Jason
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#9]
@ MPD & Scrambled - thanks for the useful input on the 6.5 ammo. I knew this ammo was a little pricey, especially Norma, but i'll have to keep my eyes open for some cheaper milsurp. The local dealer wants an arm and a leg per box of this stuff (typical..) Probably i'm gonna have to get some dies and start reloading for this cartridge to save $$
I can't wait to shoot this rifle!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top