Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 4:35:05 AM EDT by eWRXshun]

alright guys, this is the 1st shotgun that i've purchased. its a regular old 870 w/ 2 shot extension and 6rd side saddle.

i have a couple questions for you 870 guys.

i notice this doesn't have a sling point in the stock but there is something that appears that you can mount accessories up front. where can i get a nice sling like the one below and what are my mounting options? i realize it is an airsoft link, i just yahoo! image searched for 3 point sling and picked the most descriptive picture

also, to have the side saddle installed, the smith had to cut a bit off the forearm/pump grip so it would clear the saddle when in the rear position. it looks fine as it has been bevelled but i was interested in replacing it w/ one of a rubberized material, if they have one, for added grip. any place where i can order one?

sights. ideally, i'd like to get a ghost ring rear w/ 2 dot tritum and a tritium front sight blade. does trijicon or meprolights produce a set of sights like this for the 870? i presume one would have to tap the receiver for installation of the rear sight. is this something a normal gun smith can do or does it need to be sent off? can the front sight be replaced at home or is it something a smith would be better off doing and having them lined up. i've worked on guns before (AR-15, M1A) but i'm a total newbie when it comes to shotties. i've shot them before, on occasion, but never really got into the technical aspect of them.

all help is appreciated in advance. thanks.
-phil
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:46:08 AM EDT
Specter makes some nice slings that wrap around the stock. As for the forearm, your best bet would be a Hogue overmold stock. Squishy rubber. As for the sights, don't know I prefer bead sight but I'm pretty sure any smith could do it but it depends on the smith as far as how well it's done. I would have him do the front sight as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:53:48 AM EDT
what is the preferred method of getting a 3pt sling to mount to the front of the shotty? end cap swivel stud or some other sort of method?

is the hogue overmold shorter than the factory forearm? the factory one had to be cut so it could clear the side saddle when in the rearmost position...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:12:51 AM EDT
Best option for a 3-point sling on a shotgun?

one of these up front

to hold this sling on

more info here:www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:35:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 11:36:25 AM EDT by jollyroger]
Big +1 for Specter, although I dont have one of their slings on a shotgun, I do have them for all my AR's. Definitely a good quality product.

Follow Wombat's link
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:03:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eWRXshun:
what is the preferred method of getting a 3pt sling to mount to the front of the shotty? end cap swivel stud or some other sort of method?

is the hogue overmold shorter than the factory forearm? the factory one had to be cut so it could clear the side saddle when in the rearmost position...

I don't have one but I believe the Hogue is a shorty.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:22:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 4:24:14 AM EDT by JRM5204]
The Hogue forend is shorter. The Hogue stock has a sling swivel stud and you can get a 12'' LOP or a standard LOP. Specter Gear has evrything you need to mount a sling.
Top Top