Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 6:27:04 AM EDT
I'm going to get a muzzle brake for my 20" pb  bm. I would like you opinions regarding "pinning" the brake, or sending to kurt and welding it in place. I would like to know if there is any real differance, and how would either affect my shooting.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm going to get a muzzle brake for my 20" pb  bm. I would like you opinions regarding "pinning" the brake, or sending to kurt and welding it in place. I would like to know if there is any real differance, and how would either affect my shooting.

You might consider getting Kurt's brake and have him weld it on at the same time.

I don't believe either method of attachment, correctly done, will affect your shooting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Go for the pinning.  It interferes with your barrel less and it is less permanent, since you can drill out the pin if need be.  Plus, putting that much heat on your barrel while welding it on isn't all that good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top