Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2006 11:03:57 AM EDT
Whats the closest you cant get in resenbelence and function to the mp5 with out going full auto? Please provide links and if so prices. Im going through hiring process for this pd and I noticed there swat used mp5's. I was going to try to get the closest thing in semi and sbr to practice with until I can try out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 11:13:14 AM EDT

The original HK-94

After barrel swap, paddle flap install, refinish, with some other accessories attached

With suppressor / Aimpoint

This started life as an HK-94, CA DOJ gun.

Purchased and registered as SBR (Short Barrel Rifle) with the ATF.

Purchased MP5 barrel, SUO lower, other accessories.

Sent to RDTS, he swapped out the barrel, refinished, etc.

This is as close as you are going to get to MP5 without spending 14K or so.
However, this wasn't that cheap either.

HK-94 is 2500
Parts / Accessories to MP5ify can be 600 or so.
and then gunsmithing , which runs about 800 or so.

And if you want a suppressor... well ... thats more too....

You can also find a Bobcat BW5, a clone, some work great , others need a bit o tweaking.

Follow this thread for sources and other info

And Duncan still has some for sale in the EE

I might buy another to have a spare...

Link Posted: 8/18/2006 3:38:45 PM EDT
This started life as a SW5FS.
Form 1 to SBR
Form 4 SWR QD3K

Link Posted: 8/19/2006 2:16:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:14:35 AM EDT
Hello everyone, I am new to this site. I have some qestions about MP5 clones.Also does anyone know the Michigan gun laws. I am planning on buying The Bw-5 w/ collapsible stock and a Bw-89/ SL89, both are made by Bobcat Weapons. My first question is with the Bw-5, I would want to replace the factory barrel w/ fake suppressor with the 9'' barrel. I know that I would first need a SBR permit or license to do this but what is involved in getting a SBR permit? And can everyone approved for it. My second question is with the SL89, I have heard there is a law that disallows you to install the vertical K-grip on the SL89. If so, Will I need a permit for this as well? I know I could get the answers from the BATF, but I would like to have a little more knowledge is the issue before I call them. Can anyone help me? Thank You
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:01:46 PM EDT
In My last post I meant the Bw89 / Sp89 not sl89...sorry for the mistake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top