Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:08:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/16/2008 8:26:36 PM EST by ssgwhite]
Just wanted to let you all know a way to save a few bucks. I used the scope mount that came with my 10/22, which mated to the forearm quite nicely, as a mount for my vfg. I used the casting seam as the alignment and marked the holes from the mount itself, holding it where it would not interfere with the set-screw. almost looks like I knew what I was doing. Make sure you use nuts and washers on the inside of the forearm. This may be redundant, but I thought I'd share the info anyway.Took a whole ten minutes to do. Trust me if I can do it, ANYONE can. All I wanted the ris/ras for was a vfg, this was perfecto. And to think I was about to throw that mount away.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:10:28 AM EST
hey this looks cool, but i'm not sure i follow what you did.

So you took a picatinny rail and screwed it into the original forend? can you send more close-up pics of the rail/foreend?

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:14:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2008 6:18:28 AM EST by ssgwhite]
Ya I took the scope rail that came with my new ruger 10/22 and screwed it to the front hand guard. I used the seam as the centering mark, marked where the screws would go by holding the mount where I wanted it and scratching the plastic through the mounting holes. I drilled holes at the marks and used screws and nuts to hold the mount securely. I'll get more pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:53:35 PM EST
that can't be very sturdy. is it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:41:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2008 7:43:53 PM EST by ssgwhite]
I shot it today, sturdy enough to not require any thought or worry through 550 rds. I dont plan on having a ton of force on plastic parts to begin with but its fully capeable of holdings the guns weight with no wobble or flex. I dont plan on doing urban assaults or room clearing with this one so I can see it lasting a good while.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:38:27 AM EST
LOL!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top