Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 2:47:46 PM EDT
Has there been any speculation on how these three jive?  As I'm sure most are aware, the 94 crime bill contains a provision for semi shotguns stating that they can't have both a PG and more than 5 round capacity (among other things...).  Problem with that is different shotshells have different lengths, so saying a SG is only allowed to hold 5 in the tube is somewhat vague as it doesn't mention a shell length.  It seems like the standard was five 2 3/4" shells, since those were the smallest readily available commercially.  This of course meant you could only fit four 3" shells in your tube.  However, now we have much shorter shells.  I'm sure they won't be reliable in semi shotguns - maybe they won't cycle conventional shotguns at all, but does that really matter to the gubmit?  Now, all the sudden we have a widely available, commercial load that allows us to fit 6-7 in our postban shotguns with pistol grips.  Are our shotguns now illegal "assault weapons" simply because this ammo exists?  Any thoughts?

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
intresting concept. im betting the paper answer is its illeagle to use minis in a semi. however, i dont know of a semi that will cycle them. i dont think most pumps will cycle them with out modifaction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top