Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 5:38:34 AM EDT
Hi all, I've got a mini-14 ranch rifle that I've mounted a scope on.  I'm not really a scope guy though and want to go back to an iron site, peep type.  The only one I can find for the ranch gun is the williams guide site.  Does anyone have an opinion on this site?  How about a front site to go with it?  I'm considering the Eagle site/flash hider with the HK ring site.  I like the idea of two rings and a post.  I have that setup on a single shot target 22 and it works great.  Any opinions or experience with that set-up?  Are there any other peep type rear site for the mini ranch?  I'm also planning to add a hogue stock, opinions on that?  

Don't give me any 'sell it and get an AR' stuff, I already have one of those.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a standard Mini-14 that I installed one of those Eagle flash hiders w/ HK style front sight.. I mainly wanted it for the sight, as the standard post on the Mini is about the size of a 2x4!!! It worked very well, and actually improved my shooting.. It turned what was once SHOTGUN patterns of 10" or more inches.. into nice 4" 5-shot groups.. This was with Q3131. Not bad for a Mini.. The "flash hider" part didn't really work very well, but improved the look of the rifle. Try one, you'll like it. ;)
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tip about the sight and site.  Sorry for the confusion with my title line, I meant 'sight'.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster sells a night sight set for this rifle.  I'd buy the set, but I've put all of my allowance into buying my AR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top