Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2001 10:16:44 PM EDT
i was thinking about how some years back i had an armscorps model 1600 .22cal that went full auto on me.  it would dump all 30 rnds faster than anything i had ever seen.  it was one quick spurt and all the shells would float to the ground as if it was raining. my question is how? the local store where i turned it in said it was the sear and i am now wondering how a little rifle like that could fire soooo fast, while other rifles have particular machine gun parts that are necessary for that type of fire. granted, i only used it a few times after it had gone auto, how could i resist? otherwise it would have probably blown up or something.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The very first rifle I ever owned was an Armscor Precision .22LR (model M-1600R, I believe). It was made to look sort of like an M16 and had a telescoping stainless steel stock. When the stock was closed, you pressed a button and a spring shot it out into the extended position. I sold it back around 1987 and haven't seen another one like it since. It never fired full-auto, though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Pompey-
How it could fire so fast was probably because of the super light bolt that it had. Funny, I had this same rifle for awhile in my younger and dumber days. I did some creative grinding on it and all that did was make it fire out of battery. I turned it in during an amesty gun buy back for $100 about 15 years ago no questions asked. You should have seen all the ohhs and ahhs I got that day. They thought it was a real AR15. Should've saved the 15 round mags for it. Oh well. I don't do that kind of stuff anymore now I just wanted to add.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
after i turned it in, i bought another one, the gun store that gave it to ATF said that he couldnt get me the part it needed but gave me a great deal on another one.  i love it, i havent shot it for years because i have an ar15 and well, it has become the only rifle i shoot.  but that little .22 is fast even in semi. people do think it looks like an m16, how, i'll never know!
the 30rnd mag i bought for it was curved and the whole length was skinny, it didnt have the plastic around it like the 15 rnder. ill keep it so if i ever have a kid, he/she can feel like theirs is just like pops.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The very first rifle I ever owned was an Armscor Precision .22LR (model M-1600, I believe). It was made to look sort of like an M16 and had a telescoping stainless steel stock. When the stock was closed, you pressed a button and a spring shot it out into the extended position. I sold it back around 1987 and haven't seen another one like it since. Never fired full-auto, though.

My best friend has this exact rifle! He ditched the iron sights, and put a POS Bushnell scope on it that wouldn't zero. Hell, I thought the rifle was just an inaccurate POS, but I gave him a Simmons 0x28mm shotgun scope, and he zeroed it the other day, and DAMN, was I wrong! You'd be surprised at how accurate the thing is. Looks weird as sh*t, but a real good shooter. He has 1 30rd, and about 6 15 rd mags for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top