Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/24/2001 10:16:44 PM EDT
i was thinking about how some years back i had an armscorps model 1600 .22cal that went full auto on me. it would dump all 30 rnds faster than anything i had ever seen. it was one quick spurt and all the shells would float to the ground as if it was raining. my question is how? the local store where i turned it in said it was the sear and i am now wondering how a little rifle like that could fire soooo fast, while other rifles have particular machine gun parts that are necessary for that type of fire. granted, i only used it a few times after it had gone auto, how could i resist? otherwise it would have probably blown up or something.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:30:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2001 5:50:25 AM EDT by M4Madness]
The very first rifle I ever owned was an Armscor Precision .22LR (model M-1600R, I believe). It was made to look sort of like an M16 and had a telescoping stainless steel stock. When the stock was closed, you pressed a button and a spring shot it out into the extended position. I sold it back around 1987 and haven't seen another one like it since. It never fired full-auto, though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:36:33 PM EDT
Pompey-
How it could fire so fast was probably because of the super light bolt that it had. Funny, I had this same rifle for awhile in my younger and dumber days. I did some creative grinding on it and all that did was make it fire out of battery. I turned it in during an amesty gun buy back for $100 about 15 years ago no questions asked. You should have seen all the ohhs and ahhs I got that day. They thought it was a real AR15. Should've saved the 15 round mags for it. Oh well. I don't do that kind of stuff anymore now I just wanted to add.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:10:04 PM EDT
after i turned it in, i bought another one, the gun store that gave it to ATF said that he couldnt get me the part it needed but gave me a great deal on another one. i love it, i havent shot it for years because i have an ar15 and well, it has become the only rifle i shoot. but that little .22 is fast even in semi. people do think it looks like an m16, how, i'll never know!
the 30rnd mag i bought for it was curved and the whole length was skinny, it didnt have the plastic around it like the 15 rnder. ill keep it so if i ever have a kid, he/she can feel like theirs is just like pops.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:50:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
The very first rifle I ever owned was an Armscor Precision .22LR (model M-1600, I believe). It was made to look sort of like an M16 and had a telescoping stainless steel stock. When the stock was closed, you pressed a button and a spring shot it out into the extended position. I sold it back around 1987 and haven't seen another one like it since. Never fired full-auto, though.

My best friend has this exact rifle! He ditched the iron sights, and put a POS Bushnell scope on it that wouldn't zero. Hell, I thought the rifle was just an inaccurate POS, but I gave him a Simmons 0x28mm shotgun scope, and he zeroed it the other day, and DAMN, was I wrong! You'd be surprised at how accurate the thing is. Looks weird as sh*t, but a real good shooter. He has 1 30rd, and about 6 15 rd mags for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:51:22 AM EDT
Top Top