Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 9:08:08 PM EDT
i was thinking of purchasing some 30 rounders from rguns, and i see that they have black teflon "mil-spec" and grey film coated "mil-spec"  anyone have any experience w/these mags? i'd ask rguns directly, but their customer service skills suck, and i'd get a one word answer if i got one at all.
BTW, both of the mags i'm talking about are on page 3 of the mags section of their website.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If they are true milspec then the color doesn't matter , myself I have a crap load of grey ones with Okay stamped floor plates . None have failed me yet . The teflon is good in the fact that they drop free easier from some ARs with tight mag wells .
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
o.k., that's great, now can anyone tell me about the ones rguns sells?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered 4 of the DPMS floorplate mags w/teflon coating.  I wanted them because I have a DPMS rifle with black teflon'd receiver.  Yeah, vain and unimportant, but hey, I match...lol.  Seriously, they already have green followers, they do drop free from my rifle, and not all of my mags do, haven't shot them yet, but they are loaded up for the weekend, so I'll let you know.  They are nice looking mags and I imagine will shoot fine.  They are out of the DPMS but they still have the teflon GI's, so I ordered 3 more, and a couple of new colt 20's.  FWIW, when I asked about the DPMS he said "We're out of them, but the GI's are the same mag"  Hmm..anyway I'd try at least a couple.  From what I can see, they are the same as any GI mag, and slicker.  Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks, let me know how they work for you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Black or Gray Teflon are my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer those gold colored mags with the grey spots on them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top