Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 2:09:12 PM EDT
do hk91/g3 mags fit in an m-14 magazine pouch? does anyone use them? i figure they are roughly the same size,but thought i would ask. thanks for the input
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, FAL mags too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks osprey,always a help
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to take issue with that reply.  I have yet to see many 308 pouches that actually work for G3 mags.  FAL and M14 mags are fairly interchangeable with respect to size, but the over insertion flanges and the larger-than-the-body floorplates make the G3 mags wider.

There are a few pouches that work, but don't believe an ad just because it says it will hold them.  Ask me how I know...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have to take issue with that reply.  I have yet to see many 308 pouches that actually work for G3 mags.  FAL and M14 mags are fairly interchangeable with respect to size, but the over insertion flanges and the larger-than-the-body floorplates make the G3 mags wider.

There are a few pouches that work, but don't believe an ad just because it says it will hold them.  Ask me how I know...

He, knows what he is talking about.  Bought some mag pouches that were advertised to hold 2 M14/FAL/G3 mags or 3 AR15 mags.  There is no way ever without ripping the mag pouches or crushing the mags that I could fit 2 G3 mags in these pouches.  Oh, well..
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't say they were perfect, now did I.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#6]
what i had in mind was the old GI issue pouches from Vietnam era. probably being a mil-spec piece of equipment,there should be some wiggle room. anyone have input on these? any specific style or brand i should get? i dont really like the rubber pouches,and i have a couple of the Cetme ones from JLD,but they take up to much space on a belt,and i want to be able to carry more mags. thanks for the help,and have a good weekend.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
All I'm trying to say is that while there are pouches out there that will do what you want, you need to be sure.  Too many people list G3 mags will fit because an M14 mag fits.  A couple years back, I has some made custom for G3 mags that will work with MagPuls.  I might be talked out of these, as I have gone in a different direction.  

Here is another possible source, and Tactical Tailor has a good rep:
www.lightfighter.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=TT-052!005&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D3%26dept%3DPOUCHE

I think you'll prefer the newer nylon to the classic canvas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top