Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 3/12/2005 11:38:16 AM EST
Okay, I posted on falfiles already now I'm comparing notes.

I have a Entreprise that has been an unreliable POS that I traded a perfectly good AR for

I peened the mag catch to lengthen it a bit and push the rear of the mag up. I was having FTFs with the bolt overriding the rim of the next case to feed. Anyhew I would like a longer mag catch to force the rear of the mag up. I had a reply at falfiles about using an inch pattern mag catch but no answer if the tail (holding the rear of the mag up) was longer. Any others that are over length?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:02:55 PM EST
As they have probably replied over at the Files, weld up (or have welded up) the end of the mag catch, and file to fit. It will take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:01:04 PM EST
Welding it up will probably cost alot more than it should. I dont have a welder, and wouldnt even have a guess on the settings to use. Gunsmiths usually have a minimum charge of $50 or so and that seems a bit much for a flippin mag catch if I can buy one that's a bit oversized to begin with.

Of course this wouldnt be needed it entreprise built the receiver correctly in the first place.
Top Top