Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 5:46:35 PM EDT
the title says it all..trying to throw on a new surefire front end
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the gun is unloaded!

Place the buttpad on the floor.  Grasp the barrel with your weak hand about the muzzle.  Push the slide release, and move the slide down a little, but not all the way.

Grasping the barrel, turn the magazine cap with your strong hand.  If it is still not turning, lean downward on the barrel and try again.

Worst case scenario, use channel locks to remove it, but pad the jaws with a rag so you don't marr the mag cap.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Had the same last week with my new 870HD. Had to go worst case, channel locks with a towel for padding did the trick.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Use a hot pad from the kitchen and a  channel lock Plier..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
in case anyone needs to know i got the cap off...pilers, shop cloth, and some weight on the barrel
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.nps.gov/stea/graphics/MowbryShim.jpg

that will buff right out
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
in case anyone needs to know i got the cap off...pilers, shop cloth, and some weight on the barrel

Glad you got it.

I wonder if those are spun on by a machine at the factory.  They may need to back off the torque or adjust that thing; they don't need to be that tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top