Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:57:55 AM EDT
Got a mossy 590 with goast rings, heatshield, an surefire forearm light.  Looking for an alternate way to mount a sling as the factory front sling swivel on the magazine end cap puts the sling in the way of the surefire light.  I'm not a big fan of the clamp on type of sling attachments, such as the one from uncle mikes.  Any suggestions, I'm leaning towards jury rigging something to the attaching hex screws that hold the heatshield on.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
there is one that goes behind the cap and puts the sling to the side...GG&G?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a CQB (Now Spectre gear) 3 point sling. I don't use the front adapter, but wrap the portion of the sling that goes through it around the mag tube. (If you use the front adapter you cannot use a bayonet)
It still puts the sling on the side and aligns well with the butt-cuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I like those G&R tactical sling attachments.  Too bad my shotgun doesn't have a mag extension, as that would allow the front sling to be mounted farther back on the gun (behind the tac light)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top