Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:32:47 PM EDT
I received 15 mags today. out of the 15, 8 were unmarked. Three were marked BRW-1, one was marked HR-R, and two were marked W. They said all the mags that are being sold were USGI. Who makes the ones that were not marked ? Could they be made by Checkmate Industries ? If so are they just as good as the rest. ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:16:28 PM EDT
THe First four that I got from ArmaLite were HR-R's, the second set of four were BRW-S1.

All of mine came stamped, The one thing I noticed with the M14 magazines that I have, The UHC stamped ones can be hard to see
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:41:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By porcher:
Who makes the ones that were not marked ? Could they be made by Checkmate Industries ? If so are they just as good as the rest. ?

Could be any of the USGI contractors. Another tip is to disassemble the magazine and look at the follower. Some followers were marked BW or B-W for Borg-Warner, OM for Winchester or CTX whom remains an anonymous contractor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:15:12 PM EDT
I just hope that the un-marked ones are not a bunch of aftermarket magazines.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:57:18 PM EDT
Me too...

I've got six on the way............
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:00:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
The UHC stamped ones can be hard to see

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:59:48 PM EDT
I hope you found yourmags to be genuine. I order 4 and they all came BRW S1
If you doubt them, call and talk to Armalite. They seam really good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:32:41 PM EDT
I just noticed that all the mags have grease mainly inside the body and a little on the outside. Maybe Armalite put it there. Unless the Manufacturer did it. Also, I have a few that have no stampings. Could they have put too much Parkerizing on the mag and covering up the stampings ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:08:32 AM EDT
I got 5 this week 2 I could read easily, the rest I cleaned with Breakfree and the stamping showed up(lightly). One was marked CMI, isn't this an aftermarket mag?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:32:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Geologist2:
I got 5 this week 2 I could read easily, the rest I cleaned with Breakfree and the stamping showed up(lightly). One was marked CMI, isn't this an aftermarket mag?

NO
CMI = Checkmate Industries (USGI)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:46:30 PM EDT
Just opened my box from Armalite. All 10 were marked.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:37:50 AM EDT

NO

Isn't CMI the jokers who made those awful M9 Beretta mags? I have heard some rumors that CMI M1A mags aren't as "quality" as soem of the late 60's, 70's manufactured mags (and passed up a good deal on them because of it...)

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:07:24 AM EDT
My three ten rounder CMI M14 magazines have always worked flawlessly for me. I agree, the Beretta M9 magazines have a bad reputation but the M14 magazines are good to go from what I've read from others that have them. FWIW
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:24:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Different:
My three ten rounder CMI M14 magazines have always worked flawlessly for me. I agree, the Beretta M9 magazines have a bad reputation but the M14 magazines are good to go from what I've read from others that have them. FWIW

Bummer, I could have gotten 10 for $160 shipped. Instead I went with the armalite deal of 6 for $160 shipped. Oh well, live and learn!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:52:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dawg180:

NO

Isn't CMI the jokers who made those awful M9 Beretta mags? I have heard some rumors that CMI M1A mags aren't as "quality" as soem of the late 60's, 70's manufactured mags (and passed up a good deal on them because of it...)

The Checkmate M14 magazines are perfect, I own 12 of them and they fit, feed and function everytime.
Do Not let the M-9 Magazine problem steer you away from their M-14 Magazines
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:24:48 PM EDT

NO

The Checkmate M14 magazines are perfect, I own 12 of them and they fit, feed and function everytime.

Just rub it in that I could have gotten 4 more mags for the same price....

The Checkmates were marked LEO/MIL which actually could become an issue in IL with current legislation. Or at least that is how I will justify to myself that I could have saved $100 by not being stupid...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:23:41 PM EDT

NO

Just rub it in that I could have gotten 4 more mags for the same price....

The Checkmates were marked LEO/MIL which actually could become an issue in IL with current legislation. Or at least that is how I will justify to myself that I could have saved $100 by not being stupid...

Dawg, what legislation? LEO mags are legal in IL. Am I misunderstanding? Nothing wrong with CMI mags. Believe like 5-7% of what you read here.
Top Top