Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 6:41:53 AM EDT
My next purchase will be a ruger 1022 as well as a Mark style pistol.
I would assume the cheapest route would be to buy both used as I would have to buy a threaded barrel for both the rifle and pistol for the suppressor.
is this the best route to go? or does anyone sell a 1022 or mark II or III with a threaded barrel already equipped?
I am looking for the cheapest method of going about doing this, but without sacrificing accuracy.
thanks

edit: i was under the assumption that the shell/caseing of the suppressor was what is registered,not the caliber. so theoreticaly, is it possible to get a suppressor that you can have interchangeable calibers?
if so are these of the same quality as a dedicated 22 9mm 5.56 cal suppressor?
after a bit of reading i have found that the SWR Warlock is one of the most recomended as one of the best
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Threaded barrels for the 10/22 are inexpensive.  I paid less than $100 for one from TROS.  Although, the last time I spoke with him, he was out.   You could always send him your barrel and have him thread it.   He is really good.    He can also help you with Ruger barrels, although he prefers to work with the 22/45

www.trosusa.com/
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]

You cannot go wrong with a SWR Warlock. As far as the cheapest way to get both guns I think your best bet would be to get a 10/22 and buy a threaded barrel from TROS and buy a   Pac-Lite upper for the MKII and a lower from Ruger. You can get a target MKII threaded but they are a lot heavier and it is usually not cheap. Here is mine, I wish I had gone with the Pac-Lite due to the weight.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8639/11313326bh.jpg

As far as ammo goes for the two I highly recommend Remington Subsonics Midway has a good price on them, and they will cycle the action in both guns.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought some 304 Stainless from Online Metals , drew it up and had a machinist make it for me. It does match the original barrel profile but the front sight looks kinda funny with the cap on.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2401/11313395rx.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7118/11313311mv.jpg
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I had my barrel done by Mike Klos.  It turned out pretty good.

I'm using a Bowers MOUT.  Kind of heavy for a .22 though.  I keep thinking I need to get a lightweight .22-only can.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

edit: i was under the assumption that the shell/caseing of the suppressor was what is registered,not the caliber. so theoreticaly, is it possible to get a suppressor that you can have interchangeable calibers?
if so are these of the same quality as a dedicated 22 9mm 5.56 cal suppressor?
after a bit of reading i have found that the SWR Warlock is one of the most recomended as one of the best

Not exactly.  The whole suppressor is registered, and any other suppressor parts constitute an illegal suppressor.  You cannot have extra baffles, or endcaps.

It is also not recommended to shoot .22LR out of a .223 can, and definitely not .223 out of a .22 can.  You could conceivably use a suppressor with a smaller caliber than it was designed for but it won't work as good as a caliber specific one.

I am getting a GemTech Outback (the original) to go on my P22 and I'm having TROS thread an extra 10/22 barrel I obtained from another ARFcommer, so I can try it on a rifle too.  Luckily I live near them so I can just pick the barrel up at the next gunshow.  Mark McWillis is a pretty nice guy too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:59:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent my paperwork off for my GemTech Outback.  

I would like to get a Pac-Lite upper for my MKII but everyone is back ordered.    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top