Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2012 7:42:18 AM EDT
I'm looking at getting my first can in the next few weeks. Every time I find what I like, I see a new maker pop up.
My use will be 308 bolt rifle, with occasional AR15 5.56 use. I like the YHM Phantom QD for price, and it comes with one of the muzzle devices, so I'll only need to buy one extra, for the AR.

So, is there a list of suppressor manufacturers? I'd like to look at everything I can before deciding.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking at getting my first can in the next few weeks. Every time I find what I like, I see a new maker pop up.
My use will be 308 bolt rifle, with occasional AR15 5.56 use. I like the YHM Phantom QD for price, and it comes with one of the muzzle devices, so I'll only need to buy one extra, for the AR.

So, is there a list of suppressor manufacturers? I'd like to look at everything I can before deciding.
thanks

Surefire
AAC
Ops Inc
TBAC (Thunder Beast)
Elite Iron
Shark
Gemtech
YHM
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Spikes Tactical
SWR
Silencerco
Liberty Suppressors
Hunter Town Arms
Innovative Arms
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
See, lots there I havent heard of, even through my research here and silencertalk.com

thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Talk to a few dealers.  Get several opinions and collate them.  There seems to be a lot of hearsay on suppressors, I wouldn't trust just one opinion without collaboration.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 2:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Talk to a few dealers.  Get several opinions and collate them.  There seems to be a lot of hearsay on suppressors, I wouldn't trust just one opinion without collaboration.

That's my plan. There is a silencer shoot on the 28th with several different manufacturers there letting you demo, so I'm not doing anything until after that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
See, lots there I havent heard of, even through my research here and silencertalk.com

thanks

Don't be surprised.
There's quite a few 02's that build excellent cans.
The bigger guys try to hoard the market much like gun makers do.
We had a LEO demo shoot here 3 weeks ago for some MG's & suppressors.
The TNT 308 cans we stock were sold out that day because they sound very very good compared to well known names.
They're at the top of the list in sound reduction & the price was right as well.
I was going to the silencer shoot but, it's more for the end user buying a can than it is for dealers.
Have fun & don't believe all the advertising hype.

If you're close enough (within an hour) to make a trip here I'll gladly demo one of the TNT 308 cans on a couple rifles.
I hope to have more in a couple weeks since we sell these often.
I think you would be surprised & it's made in Texas of all places.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top