Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 12:50:28 PM EDT
im new to these parts & although ive searched the archives, im about to inquire into an area thats likely to have already been addressed.

lights on shotguns.  ive never had one as ive always used them for daylight hunting, & have always used a .22 & a spot light for raccoon.  i now find myself in an urban environment with a family that i may one day need to protect in the middle of the night.

my primary concern is that the light continue working after recoil.  are there any types that are notorious for giving up the ghost?  any that are noteworthy due to their toughness?

what are the strong & weak points of leds versus any of the others?

Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men.  -St. Augustine A.D. 354-430
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the two open threads about Surefire shotgun forearms.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick with Surefire and you cannot go wrong.

www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/92/sesent/00
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you muchly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My Surefire 618FA came in the mail today.  It's not mounted yet but looks like a really nice unit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
good deal good deal.

if it sucks, let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top