Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/28/2009 10:23:58 AM EST
i just bought a used itt nightquest 160 gen 3 viewer. if someone else here has this same model could you scan the owner's manual including the covers & e-mail it to me? if so i will pm my e-mail address to ya. that might be the only way i might get one as nobody else doesn't seem to have one. itt just ignores my e-mails requesting a owner's manual copy...

i also need a set of lens caps, but that's another story....
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 11:58:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 7:44:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By TNVC_Clasky:
Originally Posted By saturnsc2:
i just bought a used itt nightquest 160 gen 3 viewer. if someone else here has this same model could you scan the owner's manual including the covers & e-mail it to me? if so i will pm my e-mail address to ya. that might be the only way i might get one as nobody else doesn't seem to have one. itt just ignores my e-mails requesting a owner's manual copy...

Believe it or not, the Operator's Manual is considered as sensitive as the optic and is controlled under ITAR. There is a whole thread about this sort of thing in this forum. Call ITT and talk to a person. Explain the situation and have them send it to you. ITT gets a lot of emails and they have to skim through to determine who is legit and who is trying to get their hands on something they shouldn't. Email is no substitute for talking to someone.
well the last time i e-mailed them & they asked me for it's serial number & then they gave me the manual download, but this time they ain't asking me for anything, they just say they no longer have the download, & they also sold all parts to this unit to other vendors who i also e-mailed & they all tell me they no longer have any parts for this model anymore. i guess it's just the end of the line with this model. i e-mailed the same people who helped me the last time fronm itt. i as hoping that someone else who has this same scope could scan their manual & e-mail it to me. i got this same message posted on other night vision forums. i'm sure someone who read it has a manual to e-mail, but they just don't want to exert the effort to do so. it's hard to believe that nobody has this model...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:24:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2009 2:28:39 AM EST by DinoSnyder]
I have owned a few of those both gen 2 and 3 models. To be real honest I would not worry much about a manual for it . The manual does not tell you much other then your normal night vision tips and protocol. It does not have technical info and specs. It will not show how to disassemble and repair the scope.ITT stopped making those several years ago. I am sure they don't want to fool with them anymore because they are hard to work on and use a special tube only useful in a couple model of scopes. They are a decent scope but are a major pain in the rear to disassemble and repair. IMHO the housing could have been designed much better.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:45:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 7:48:32 AM EST by saturnsc2]
oh come on now! SOMEONE must have these parts! i'm not asking for them for free, i will pay through the nose if i have too!

at least copy your owner's manual for me & i can print out a copy! again i will reward a person for their effort...

the device is an itt gen 3 160 nightquest viewer in pristine condition...

i really need the lens caps,. nobody has them so far, i thought someone might have one of these viewers that don't work & might sell parts off it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:09:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By TNVC_Clasky:
Originally Posted By saturnsc2:

Believe it or not, the Operator's Manual is considered as sensitive as the optic and is controlled under ITAR. There is a whole thread about this sort of thing in this forum. Call ITT and talk to a person. Explain the situation and have them send it to you. ITT gets a lot of emails and they have to skim through to determine who is legit and who is trying to get their hands on something they shouldn't. Email is no substitute for talking to someone.
ok i just did this & they told me they changed things down there as they don't release info like that anymore, & this case they still really might not have it, but he said he will try as i gave him the serial# of the item. maybe that will be the difference...

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:24:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 5:35:07 AM EST by DinoSnyder]
We just had a big thing on manuals. I do have a manual for the gen 2 which is essentially the same for a gen 3(the two scopes are identical except for the tube). Lens cap? Try Ebay. I have no idea where to find one. Maybe a camera shop or something of the like. The original cap is crap and does not stay on well. I should think something much better could be found to fit at a camera shop.I am not trying to be an ass and don't want your money. I just don't want to get any knocks on my door for giving out manuals. The manual does not say anything about ITAR restrictions. The manual has very basic technical specs and just gives tips and info on care of the scope and operation. The manual is also for the gen 2 model with specs in line with older US gen 2 . I have no problem making copies and mailing to you if the others here feel there are no issues. What ya'll think ? This is assuming you are a US citizen and reside in the US.
Top Top