Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:56:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2010 8:57:15 AM EDT by sinsir]
link

I just posted this over in the GD.

yesterday, I picked up my first suppressor ( YHM .22 wraith, and the form4 from the dealer) , so what a better way to spend the day then to hit the range and give it a try. after about 30 rounds the slide bounced off my shoulder ... luckily for me I had also brought the 10/22 so the day wasn't ruined.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:58:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sinsir:
link

I just posted this over in the GD.

yesterday, I picked up my first suppressor ( YHM .22 wraith, and the form4 from the dealer) , so what a better way to spend the day then to hit the range and give it a try. after about 30 rounds the slide bounced off my shoulder ... luckily for me I had also brought the 10/22 so the day wasn't ruined.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/sinsir944/p22%20kaboom/IMGP3019x.jpg

Oh Shit! What caused that? What you going to do? I was thinking of buying one for the Can i have on order too.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:01:20 AM EDT
I've seen that happen in person twice. This is probably the third of fourth internet post about it.

The most recent local occurrence ended up costing the owner almost $100 for a new slide, and shipping.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:04:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Arkady:
I've seen that happen in person twice. This is probably the third of fourth internet post about it.

The most recent local occurrence ended up costing the owner almost $100 for a new slide, and shipping.

I am sorry for the OP but glad i know about it before i bought a P22...I will just get my MK3  threaded now....wow!

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:07:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By texjames:
Originally Posted By Arkady:

I am sorry for the OP but glad i know about it before i bought a P22...I will just get my MK3  threaded now....wow!

great .. ... nothing i can do but send it in for repair work ... and hope it don't happen again

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:19:20 PM EDT
For a similarly sized gun, the little Beretta doesn't do too bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:12:53 PM EDT
wow i was considering one too... im waiting on bugs to be worked out.  I notice yours says first edition,  so its an older one? Glad it didnt hurt ya.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:23:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bone84:
wow I was considering one too... I'm waiting on bugs to be worked out.  I notice yours says first edition,  so its an older one? Glad it didnt hurt ya.

yes, it's an older one, I've had it for god knows how many years now ( the serial # is in the 500's )... with a very high round count, well over 5k, and I'd bet it was closer to 10k. I love shooting that little gun, and do it often, which is why I went with a .22 can for my first. ...

Top Top