Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:56:05 AM EDT
link

I just posted this over in the GD.

yesterday, I picked up my first suppressor ( YHM .22 wraith, and the form4 from the dealer) , so what a better way to spend the day then to hit the range and give it a try. after about 30 rounds the slide bounced off my shoulder ... luckily for me I had also brought the 10/22 so the day wasn't ruined.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
link

I just posted this over in the GD.

yesterday, I picked up my first suppressor ( YHM .22 wraith, and the form4 from the dealer) , so what a better way to spend the day then to hit the range and give it a try. after about 30 rounds the slide bounced off my shoulder ... luckily for me I had also brought the 10/22 so the day wasn't ruined.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/sinsir944/p22%20kaboom/IMGP3019x.jpg

Oh Shit! What caused that? What you going to do? I was thinking of buying one for the Can i have on order too.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen that happen in person twice. This is probably the third of fourth internet post about it.

The most recent local occurrence ended up costing the owner almost $100 for a new slide, and shipping.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've seen that happen in person twice. This is probably the third of fourth internet post about it.

The most recent local occurrence ended up costing the owner almost $100 for a new slide, and shipping.

I am sorry for the OP but glad i know about it before i bought a P22...I will just get my MK3  threaded now....wow!

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sorry for the OP but glad i know about it before i bought a P22...I will just get my MK3  threaded now....wow!

great .. ... nothing i can do but send it in for repair work ... and hope it don't happen again

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
For a similarly sized gun, the little Beretta doesn't do too bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
wow i was considering one too... im waiting on bugs to be worked out.  I notice yours says first edition,  so its an older one? Glad it didnt hurt ya.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
wow I was considering one too... I'm waiting on bugs to be worked out.  I notice yours says first edition,  so its an older one? Glad it didnt hurt ya.

yes, it's an older one, I've had it for god knows how many years now ( the serial # is in the 500's )... with a very high round count, well over 5k, and I'd bet it was closer to 10k. I love shooting that little gun, and do it often, which is why I went with a .22 can for my first. ...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top