Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not a bad price....aus-8 so nothing fancy there....probably sharpen each time you use it

handle/sheath are plain but seem functional...seems like a decent deal if you are looking for a game/skinning knife

you could do worse
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its not a bad price....aus-8 so nothing fancy there....probably sharpen each time you use it

handle/sheath are plain but seem functional...seems like a decent deal if you are looking for a game/skinning knife

you could do worse
View Quote

If you sharpen a knife made of Aus8 correctly it will stay sharp for a while. I polish mine down to 15,000 grit mirror edge and then strop it. I have no problems with Aus8 or even 1095 staying sharp.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
And I just bought a strip....

Txl
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you sharpen a knife made of Aus8 correctly it will stay sharp for a while. I polish mine down to 15,000 grit mirror edge and then strop it. I have no problems with Aus8 or even 1095 staying sharp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you could do worse

Strope?  Is that a long piece of smooth leather similar to what barbers use on straight edge razors?
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top