Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 2:00:38 PM EDT
hey guys,

I just recieved my Rugar weaver scope rail from Rugar and i am wondering if i will have a problem using the iron sites with this rail on??

It seems like i am goin to unless i raise the aim marker on the flip up site.

So yeh i am curious to what i should do??.....and if it is going to be a problem??.....because it would suck to have to take off the weaver rail everytime i want to use the iron sites.

Thanx in advance,

Eycee*                  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it interfer with the sight picture or not?

I'd say "try it first", if you can see the iron sights then no problem?
If not, then start to worry, and find a solution.

Or buy another Ruger and have two, one with irons, one with scope. No problem.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Did they stop shipping the rifles with bases?
I'm guessing if the rail was meant for the 10/22 and comes from Ruger, you won't have any sight issues.

Anyhow, if yours doesn't work out you could get a Weaver T09.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Weaver T09 mounted on mine and it DOESN'T get in the way of the iron sights.  In fact I would say without a scope it enhances it.  Gives your eye a nice flat point of reference.  What I DON'T like about this Weaver T09 is the fact that it is NOT "Red Dot" freindly.  So I'm either buying the wrong RedDot or the T09 is STRICTLY for scopes.  : /  so who makes a Picatinny or RedDot friendly rail for a darn 10/22?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top