Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 4:29:34 PM EDT
two piece barrels?  i heard that they moved to one piece stainless.  true or not?

thanks

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No they are still using two-piece barrels.
I just got a new 1911 Mil Spec last week.
That's the first thing I will change.
I was also disappointed with the frame it's made in Brazil.
Some do have Stainless barrels but was told by Springfield their two piece also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Which Springfield product are you guys refering to?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Some do and some don't, the one I had (traded for a Kimber)had a one peice stainless bbl,Guess it depends on whom you buy from, and how long it's been sitting on the shelf,I belive they went to a one peice bbl last year,However, Springfield says that the Mil-Spec will now be assembled compleatly in Brazil, Before, they were just buying the finished frames and slides and assembling them here in the U.S.So, ones marked "Brazil" on the frame are made there
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't worry about the barrel.  I ran +P threw mine for over 20,000 rounds and it never showed any signs of seperation.  The friend that I sold it to has put another 10,000 rounds down the barrel and still no problems.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top