Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2002 9:43:27 PM EDT
what willineed to do to install a car stock on my preban ar? special tools?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
you will only need a telestock wrench. Bushmaster has them. Just use the same springs and pins from the back of the receiver. Be careful not to lose these during disassembly. It is really quick to do.
One more thing. I'd rec some locktite on the telestock locking ring.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
if you plan to leave the CAR stock on, you can also stake the ring in place.  Lotboy's came loose when we were shooting so i staked it for him.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I just wrapped a rag around the tube, then used some vice grips(not too tight) to tighten it. I didn't use locktite, but it might not be a bad idea, just watch out for that little spring that's gonna pop out if you have a stock installed already.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
markm, excuse the dumb ?, but how do you stake the ring?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
markm, excuse the dumb ?, but how do you stake the ring?

It's not a dumb question.

there are three notches on the stock ring. depending on where the ring ends up when you thread it on, you should be able to stake the plate (or spacer) on two of the notches.

all you do is get a hammer and chisel like tool(something narrower than the notch) and stamp the spacer so that some of the material bends (if you will) into the notch on the ring.  just a little bit will do. it will ensure that your ring doesn't come loose when shooting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top