Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 4:57:23 AM EDT
I have an old AR15 marked "Sendra Corporation, Barrington, IL", XM15 E2, ser#04XXX.  It is a very dependable old rifle and I would like to know more about it.  A search on the net brought little information.  Can someone tell me anything about this company?  Were they ever used by the military?  Are they a collectible or are they considered junk?
Thanks,
capsbond
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's all I know:

Post-ban receivers have a circle milled into the side of the magwell. All others are pre-ban(this is unverified info) They were originally bead-blasted to a non-glare finish. Also, the company used to be called NESARD. Rumored to have been owned by Dick Drasen (currently M&A Parts) and produced lowers only out of Barrington, Illinois. No complete guns were sold (again, unverified info).
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have  a SENDRA that seems to be a well made lower. It is still very tight in all ways. Do a search on this site for moe info.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Jerry Draeson - aka Nesard, aka Sendra, Barrington Il.

(Actually made a receiver for the old AR-10)

Nothing else do I know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate all the info.  The idea of searching this site supplied a lot of information as well.  
Thanks guys!
Steve
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
They are junk,I'll take it off your hands and keep you from getting hurt with it. Hey you can't blame a guy for trying. Now that I got that out of the way.Sendra,s are good guns that sell for about the same price as cast Olys.  You have a nice forged lower there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top