Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/25/2010 3:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2010 5:23:01 PM EDT by TxSoldier]
Anyone seen one of these first hand yet? They don't look too bad to maybe have as a spare rig for someone else or just a backup for yourself to keep in your vehicle or something for that price.

Just curious, from what I've seen Maxpedition gear holds up pretty well.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Mini-Tactical-Chest-Rig-62p1457.htm
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2010 6:19:27 PM EDT by patmuaddib]
I just saw that earlier today on their website. It looks nice, but I think I'll stick with other companies for chest rigs. Besides, I need to diversify my gear and not just buy Maxpedition stuff.
Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 6:21:29 PM EDT
yup I've seen the maxpeditionized version @ SHOT this year, and another pre-production version in my basement, I sent one to Maxpedition for them to make and kept the other for a vehicle rig.

Yes, this was designed for the civvy market in mind with the goal being to minimize the rig to a half load. Looking at the big picture now and 15 years in the past, I saw no demonstrable case for a civilian user to carry more than 3 + 1 AR mags on a base platform. If you have found yourself in a situation where you needed more than the base load, then I'll submit that you took a "wrong turn"

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 5:20:44 AM EDT
Like I was saying, in my experience Maxpedition stuff holds up great and is well built. So a nice quality mini rig like this for that price seemed really nice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 6:39:10 AM EDT
It's basically a mini MAV with 3 permanent pouches?

The only up side I see is the price.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 10:08:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tweeter:

Looks like there are an additional couple of rows of molle webbing(?)

I dunno, figure a mini Mav is $40, $25 for a 3 mag pouch, seems like you are giving up flexibility to save $7. But I guess if you want a rig that already has 3 open top pouches on it then it would be good to go.

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 7:09:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tweeter:

nope

its different item, it is a mini tactical chest rig, NOT a mini MAV,

don't confuse the masses more than they are
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:22:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eggrolly:
yup I've seen the maxpeditionized version @ SHOT this year, and another pre-production version in my basement, I sent one to Maxpedition for them to make and kept the other for a vehicle rig.

Yes, this was designed for the civvy market in mind with the goal being to minimize the rig to a half load. Looking at the big picture now and 15 years in the past, I saw no demonstrable case for a civilian user to carry more than 3 + 1 AR mags on a base platform. If you have found yourself in a situation where you needed more than the base load, then I'll submit that you took a "wrong turn"

+1 regarding the "wrong turn" notion.

So I guess the Monkey Stomper is too much with all of its pistol mags?
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:25:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/27/2010 10:25:52 AM EDT by hepcat85]
Pics posted via TinyPic

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 11:37:07 AM EDT
5'10" and 210?

Sounds like someone needs more exercise.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 5:25:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hepcat85:

+1 regarding the "wrong turn" notion.

So I guess the Monkey Stomper is too much with all of its pistol mags?

nah dude... rock out with your Monkey out!
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 5:39:01 PM EDT
What is the reason for the stacked pals webing?

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 7:10:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tweightwee:

to satisfy that urge by some to stack more shtuff on a low profile rig
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 7:29:31 PM EDT
I'm wondering if standard Mil-Surp AK-47 30rd Steel magazines will fit. I'm looking for an affordable modernized version of the ChiCom Chest Rig.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 8:55:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tweightwee:

Looks Tactical?

Allows a little more flexibility in pouch placement...
Kinda like the staggered Webbing on the top front of the USMC MTV/SPC...

CXS
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 11:20:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
I'm wondering if standard Mil-Surp AK-47 30rd Steel magazines will fit. I'm looking for an affordable modernized version of the ChiCom Chest Rig.

For a rig designed for ARs I cannot guarantee that AK 762 mags will fit
theres better luck in 545 though, but again, not meant to support AK platform
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 6:10:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

For a rig designed for ARs I cannot guarantee that AK 762 mags will fit
theres better luck in 545 though, but again, not meant to support AK platform

eggrolly- email sent.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 9:09:15 PM EDT
Hey uh I have a question. Is the guy wearing the rig in the above picture the same Chinese guy the built it?...........in China?
Top Top