Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/3/2001 11:54:28 AM EDT
I have a line on some weapons in Canada that were inherited. This person is not allowed to keep them and must get rid of them or destroy them within a year.
He has a couple pistols I may be interested in- namely a Luger and a Berretta. I dont much more info than that about the pistols yet.
What I need to know is can he sell me the pistols here in the US? What paper/red tape would he have on his end to export? And what paper/red tape would I have besides the normal FFL transfer and background check?
Has anyone done this? Any info would help. I have no knowledge of the firearm laws in Canada since I left except that they are all f**ked up now.(worse than before).
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:35:27 PM EDT
Call the Canadian Firearm Center...They should have the awnser to all your questions....TOOL FREE NUMBER. The first message is in french so wait for the english one to beggin...


Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:50:07 PM EDT

What does he have for sale ?
i'm from Canada , it would be easier for him to sell to a Canadian !
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:00:20 PM EDT
Need to check with US customs on importation of firearms to a FFL dealer. In addition, double check with all your state laws regarding any prohibited items on a firearm. Hell, you are doing the Canadian government a favor by getting them out of their country. I think you should not encounter any other red tape other than a long wait.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:52:48 PM EDT
Your contact will require an export permit that they can get from the CFC...

Or like Doc says....they can sell it to a qualified Canadian....LIKE ME!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:59:00 PM EDT

He he !! wait a minute Storm , I was here first !! LOL

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:16:35 PM EDT
This one of those "too good to be true deals"
The price on the Luger is low in Can. dollars. IF this deal really happens I'm afraid he'll take it to the dealer up north who'll offer him more and I'll lose the deal. I don't need you guys trying to scoop me.
I've done a bit of checking where you've noted and found that there will be a lot more tape on his end than mine. I believe my FFL will be able to handle the transfer as usual. His hoops will be much more numerous and difficult to jump through.
I just hope he doesn't get turned off the deal.
There are a couple of guns I may not want and I might be persuaded to let you all in.Of course, after my deal goes through.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:35:37 PM EDT
contact the ATF, an import permit for a personal firearm is cheap or free,it takes about a month to get. It is called a permit for "firearms and implements of war". Ask the ATF,,,,,they are the brains with this type of thing. As they are going to the US get information from them as well as Canadians.
Top Top