Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2002 11:10:19 AM EDT
i just got back from the local gun store.  i ordered my first AR.  :)  i went with a Bushmaster XM15 E2S A3 20" Barrel Rifle.  im psyched!  another $600 and it is all mine.  lol.  that part sucks but i cant wait to get it.  he said he should have it in a few days.  im sure after seeing and holding it i will be scraping that $600 together asap.  well.. i just had to tell someone and you guys were first on the list.  thx for all the info i found browsing all your posts.  this place is very helpful.  im sure i will be posting more with real questions once i actually own one. :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.  You'll never regret it.  

Now that you've got the rifle, welcome to the wonderful world of always looking for good deals on mags, ammo, and your next AR.

Remember, you can never have too many USGI surplus mags.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the obsession.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]

good to hear. i'm sure you'll enjoy it. to me, it's the most enjoyable of any gun i own.

btw, which part of pa?

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the obsession (drooling)
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
yes i can tell its gonna be an obsession.  o-well... i think it will be a fun one.  :)  euro... im right outside of Pittsburgh.  you?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Hold on! It's gonna go really fast.
It's sure worth it though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats durk. Like they said now for the mag addiction. Ya know it is a disease really. We'll have to get together & shoot sometime. I am about 45 min south of Pittsburgh...
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You will be surprised at the number of strangers you will meet at the gun range that want to see your rifle the one they saw on TV.  So load up a 30 round magazine and let them blast away.  They will be surprised by your generosity and happily begin shooting the mag.  Their grin will get bigger and bigger as they empty the mag.  At the end they will thank you and say “that was the coolest rifle I ever shot!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#9]
durk, medic,

i'm in central pa, but have family in the pgh area...south. mostly, i shoot at the local state game lands range and haven't met many ar people. it would have been ideal if you were local.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Gotta love those Game lands ranges. I shoot at one in Greene county. I get lots of looks when I pull out the black rifle. :)
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats Durk! Wait till the first round goes through. I think that was the best one for me.

Eurotrash, what part of central PA? In in western MD right on the I-81 corridor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats Durk! Wait till the first round goes through. I think that was the best one for me.

Eurotrash, what part of central PA? In in western MD right on the I-81 corridor.

That is actually the second best shot.

The first is after you get it sighted in.
I finally got my bushy sighted in a few days ago and I look at the weapon in a totally different light.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Very good point, I agree that actually having it sighted in was a very exciting shot, but you just can't beat that fresh, out of the box, kid with a new toy feeling you get out of the first one. LOL!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#14]

nothing like the first shot. i do a fair amount with used guns and always wonder if the thing is going to explode. what a rush...

cman,
literally central pennsylvania. state college. i'm guessing you'd be about 2hrs away??

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#15]
You're correct, it's exactly 2 hrs door to door to state colledge. A lot of my friends went to school there and my mom lives about a half hour south east of you in a little town called Belleville(just south of Lewistown).

Too bad, so sad :(  Always looking for new people to shoot with. None of my friends have AR's yet so when we go out I find my ammo getting eaten up quickly. At least they chip in some bucks for it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You're correct, it's exactly 2 hrs door to door to state colledge. A lot of my friends went to school there and my mom lives about a half hour south east of you in a little town called Belleville(just south of Lewistown).

Too bad, so sad :(  Always looking for new people to shoot with. None of my friends have AR's yet so when we go out I find my ammo getting eaten up quickly. At least they chip in some bucks for it.

Its not "at least", its more like damn right you'll chip in for ammo!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats, durk.  Welcome aboard.

Cloak-
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Betcha' can't eat only one!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome aboard man!  There are a lot of people on this web site that know, and I mean really know, about guns and the AR in particular.  You will learn a lot about your Bushy just by browsing the forum.  And remember, don't be afraid to ask questions.  Oh yes, I almost forgot.  Hold on to your wallet because you will be spending lots of dinero on mags, ammo, etc.  But heck, you only live once.  Of all the guns that I own, or have owned, my 16" Bushy is my overall favorite.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I put off buying an ar and purchased a mini-14 instead. I then bought the AR and have not shot the mini since. You made the right choice and you will not regret it one bit. I love my bushmaster!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top