Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 4:41:54 PM EDT
i was looking at the M48A and a deputy was in our shop today and he stated that on occasion, the yugos would reassemble or rerifle the barrel??? does this make sense? he was referring to the yugos taking the original barrel out placing a new one in the stock for whatever reason.. this kinda made me worry.. i didnt know what ammo to get. he stated that the gun was for 7.62x54 ammo, NOT the 8mm??? is that correct as well?

and how can you tell if there have been any modifications to the orginal gun since it was made? this may seem confusing and if it is, i apologize. i just dont wanna spend $100+ of my hard earned dollars on something that isnt going to work...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask the guy at the counter what the caliber is.  He should know, he is selling you the gun!

When I got my Yugo the first thing I did was check headspace.  It was a tight chamber, but nonetheless, 8mm.  I don't see what the reason behind putting a new barrel on the Ygo 48A would be...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top