Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2002 11:50:27 AM EDT
just wondering, i own more rifles and handguns than i can count, been around guns all my life, shot competitively, but don't know dick about subcaliber ARs.
what do i need to make one from a standard lower?  can i geta complete upper with bolt and a mag block and i'm good to go, just slap it on to the lower and find some mags?
(BTW, i bet the +p+ speer gold dots i carry/shoot religiously out of my glocks would be AWESOME in a carbine!)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you mean "pistol caliber" rather than "subcaliber".

Subcaliber referes to a smaller than normal bullet in a particular firearm.

But anyhow in awnser to you question, yes all you need is a new upper with bolt and either a mag adapter or mags that are modified to work in an AR mag well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Subcaliber referes to a smaller than normal bullet in a particular firearm.

right, like a 9mm in a rifle designed for 5.56mm.
no flame intended, i may be wrong as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't us any ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
RangemasterD is referring to bore diameter, not muzzle energy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top