Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/22/2003 1:14:07 PM EDT
Right now I am looking to get a HK-91 and have done some searches on it but I can't find anyone who sells acesories for it. Who all sells stuff for this rfle? Also there is a local gunshop that has several 91's for about $850, is this a good price, or can I get them cheaper? What about the acuracy and range of the 91's compaired to a AR-15 does it come close to the AR?
I really want to get a pre-ban AR, but rght now I am looking for a cheaper substitute with a higher caliber that can hold me over untll I can get a AR.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:30:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:37:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By setlab:
Right now I am looking to get a HK-91 and have done some searches on it but I can't find anyone who sells acesories for it. Who all sells stuff for this rfle?

Type in HK91 accessories at Google.

Also there is a local gunshop that has several 91's for about $850, is this a good price, or can I get them cheaper?

If they are true HK91's for $850, you should go out right now and buy every last one. I'm thinking that those are G3 / HK91 clones. Make sure you know what you are buying before you buy it.

What about the acuracy and range of the 91's compaired to a AR-15 does it come close to the AR?

For a true 91, expect 2-3 inches at 100 yards. On the other hand, for a 91 clone, don't expect too much.

I really want to get a pre-ban AR, but rght now I am looking for a cheaper substitute with a higher caliber that can hold me over untll I can get a AR.

Get the DPMS .308 or a DSA FAL.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:04:22 PM EDT
hey, thanks guys thats some good information. So what would be a ballpark estimate on a hk-91 clone as a compleate rifle vs. building your own
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:26:11 PM EDT
Where are these $850 Hk91s (are you sure they arent centurys?). I want one, last one I saw at a gun show was $1500.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:24:06 AM EDT
ZRH,

Where was that gun show and how long ago? Just wondering because I havent seen a HK go for less than $1700 in a few years. Have you seen any prices similar to this recently? Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:52:03 PM EDT
Those are probably the Century G3 clone. I have one and it is very nice, but not $850 nice closer to $500 nice. They are ok but if you are looking to spend that kind of jack you should look for a SAR 8 Springfield made in Greece. I picked up one for just a little more than $850 a couple of months ago. There is also the PARS import made in Portugal although they seem to run a little more. These are as close to a German made HK that you can get without the HK mark.

The 308 ammo is fairly cheap and is fun as all get out to shoot. Just a note, if you are a reloader or like to save your brass the HK91 style is not the gun for you. Brass get striped, dinged and thrown far, far away.

The ones I have shot are very accurate.

Century quality is kind of hit or miss so,you would probably be better off with an M1A, they can be found for just over $900 on the Auction sites. A good FAL is another good pick as the mags cost a lot less, just not quite as accurate in my experience.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:18:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZRH:
Where are these $850 Hk91s (are you sure they arent centurys?). I want one, last one I saw at a gun show was $1500.

If it was $1500, you should've jumped on it. Even in 85% condition, real 91s are going for $1800+.
Top Top