Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 1:14:07 PM EDT
Right now I am looking to get a HK-91 and have done some searches on it but I can't find anyone who sells acesories for it. Who all sells stuff for this rfle? Also there is a local gunshop that has several 91's for about $850, is this a good price, or can I get them cheaper? What about the acuracy and range of the 91's compaired to a AR-15 does it come close to the AR?
I really want to get a pre-ban AR, but rght now I am looking for a cheaper substitute with a higher caliber that can hold me over untll I can get a AR.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Right now I am looking to get a HK-91 and have done some searches on it but I can't find anyone who sells acesories for it. Who all sells stuff for this rfle?

Type in HK91 accessories at Google.

Also there is a local gunshop that has several 91's for about $850, is this a good price, or can I get them cheaper?

If they are true HK91's for $850, you should go out right now and buy every last one.  I'm thinking that those are G3 / HK91 clones.  Make sure you know what you are buying before you buy it.

What about the acuracy and range of the 91's compaired to a AR-15 does it come close to the AR?

For a true 91, expect 2-3 inches at 100 yards.  On the other hand, for a 91 clone, don't expect too much.

I really want to get a pre-ban AR, but rght now I am looking for a cheaper substitute with a higher caliber that can hold me over untll I can get a AR.

Get the DPMS .308 or a DSA FAL.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
hey, thanks guys thats some good information. So what would be a ballpark estimate on a hk-91 clone as a compleate rifle vs. building your own
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are these $850 Hk91s (are you sure they arent centurys?). I want one, last one I saw at a gun show was $1500.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
ZRH,

Where was that gun show and how long ago?  Just wondering because I havent seen a HK go for less than $1700 in a few years.  Have you seen any prices similar to this recently?  Thanks,
  Chris
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are probably the Century G3 clone.  I have one and it is very nice, but not $850 nice closer to $500 nice.  They are ok but if you are looking to spend that kind of jack you should look for a SAR 8 Springfield made in Greece.  I picked up one for just a little more than $850 a couple of months ago. There is also the PARS import made in Portugal although they seem to run a little more.  These are as close to a German made HK that you can get without the HK mark.  

The 308 ammo is fairly cheap and is fun as all get out to shoot.  Just a note, if you are a reloader or like to save your brass the HK91 style is not the gun for you.   Brass get striped, dinged and thrown far, far away.

The ones I have shot are very accurate.

Century quality is kind of hit or miss so,you would probably be better off with an M1A, they can be found for just over $900 on the Auction sites.  A good FAL is another good pick as the mags cost a lot less, just not quite as accurate in my experience.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where are these $850 Hk91s (are you sure they arent centurys?). I want one, last one I saw at a gun show was $1500.

If it was $1500, you should've jumped on it. Even in 85% condition, real 91s are going for $1800+.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top