Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 8:45:34 AM EDT
whats the story on those magazines that replaced the standard 5 rounders on the Mausers?  I saw in SGN that there are like 25rnd mags available for the K98 and other types of Mausers...

Where these mods used in WWII?  Whats the good word on them...do they feed right?  Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The high cap trench mag was an idea of dubious value.  The concept was that you wouldn't have to stop to reload the mag if the French, Brits, or Americans were coming at you.  However, they offered little advantage over the excellent stripper clip loading capabilities of the GEW98.  They are a curiousity and all such set up you see are modern repops.  The real thing is quite expensive.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
was this modification used in World War II?  I dont care if they are just reproductions, do they function properly?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
AS for function, I don't have any experience with them.  I would go to www.gunboards.com and go to the Mauser forum and ask.  Someone there will be able to give you the lowdown.

As for WWII use, I don't recall reading or seeing pictures of such.  However, in such a large war, what didn't get used?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AS for function, I don't have any experience with them.  I would go to www.gunboards.com and go to the Mauser forum and ask.  Someone there will be able to give you the lowdown.

As for WWII use, I don't recall reading or seeing pictures of such.  However, in such a large war, what didn't get used?

this is very true... ok well ill stop over there and ask around, im sure one or two have dabbled with this device.  Thanks for the replies Will-Rogers.

I am tempted to get one of these and slap it on a yugo capture mauser or something similar
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Repros are total junk. Don't waste your time.

WII Mg-13 mags can be fitted on to the following weapons with only a moderate to minimum amount of work.

K-98
VolksGewher
Zb-26, 26/27, 27 & 30.
G/K-43

In the field they were used but the size and weight threw off the ballance of the rifles and they were not well liked.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
where can one purchase these MG13 magazines?  Do you have any links?  I havnt a clue where to begin....closest thing I saw in the SGN was MG3 drums haha.....thanks for the heads up on the reproduction mags
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
WWII re-enactor equipmet sites will have some.  A Edelwies militaria should have a bunch but he is such a jerk to deal with (grouchy old man) you may not get them. Check out IMA USA and places like that.

I had little problem finding them a couple of years ago.

.308 BREN mags will work in some of these weapions as well but require more modification in all but the ZB series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top