Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:15:46 AM EST
its a little late now since i already ordered but has anyone had experience with them good or bad? r they pretty quick to ship? i ordered a 10/22 barrel for my yhm mite...
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 3:58:33 PM EST
You won't be disappointed. As long as they have it in stock they will ship pretty quick and the quality is top notch. I run the same set -up you are running. Plenty accurate and very quiet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 6:07:12 PM EST
thats the answer i was looking for...i ordered a tapered barrel with the front sight pushed back..is that your set up?
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 6:31:44 PM EST
I've got a Green Mountain .920" diameter SS 16" barrel that they cut down from an 18". They also mounted a VQ scope mount on it as well. The threading looks fine to me and my Prodigy goes on fine with no baffle strikes in the few hundred rounds I have shot through it. I do not recall shipping time being an issue. I choose whatever was cheapest and it showed up in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 4:02:42 PM EST
im just a little worried since ive never dealt with them...i looked 2day at the website and the barrel i purchased is now out of stock..ive also emailed them with a question and theyve yet to respond..i just hope they really had it and not try to put me on some sort of backorder...
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 5:07:50 AM EST
I sent him my factory 10/22 tapered barrel. it came back with such a nice looking cap on the muzzle that I thought he had forgotten to thread it. Great guy to deal with and I would recommend him and his work to anybody.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:13:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/8/2009 11:45:18 AM EST by ilintner]
I received a barrel today after 2 weeks from a website order.

The barrel was very dirty, has some small scratches on it near the green mountain logo and the cap that came on it was slightly rusty and the bluing is not uniform at all. I wrote another email ( the first was never responded to ) hoping that he will at very least send me an end cap that is not blemished.

Update:
after a few emails back and forth, they shipped out a new protector today and offered a refund if I returned the barrel to them, but said that they didn't have one to replace it with so i opted to keep the barrel that has the scratches. They were prompt and courteous, so I am now satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:17:48 AM EST
i received my barrel,,all ill say is it works well and looks ok
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 2:59:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:29:49 PM EST
way late to this Op However i have a low mileage Hi-Desert dawg bbl w/ iron sights mounted on my Charger i'd part with if anyone is interested. looking at doing a lightweight threaded bbl instead. Nice shooter with optics. The reason for having the charger bbl with iron sights vs. no sights was it being in stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 8:56:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:58:03 AM EST
I ordered a beretta 21a barrel and received the 2 piece spray painted model also. There wasn't enough red loktite to stop it from coming undone and I ended up having the use a wrench to take the thread adapter out of my 22lr suppressor. I also bought a 10/22 threaded barrel from them that keyholes. I found this out several months after I received it as I was waiting on other parts. I haven't bothered to talk to them about the 10/22 barrel, I just stopped buying from them and have found other avenues.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:08:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 4:10:32 AM EST by ilintner]
I received a new cap that is in good condition and installed the barrel and was happy in spite of the scratches on the barrel and the poor job of bluing the cut portion ( it was rusty when i got it ) ...

Until i tried to chamber some rounds, which got STUCK 3/4 of the way in and if pushed any further the I had to take the barrel back out and pry out the ammo.

I tried to polish the opening of the chamber to make sure there were no burrs or anything like that obstructing it but he ammo simply wont chamber without enough resistance to get it completely stuck in the barrel.

I have decided to request a refund for the barrel / shipping because it seems to be completely unusable. If they want the barrel back I will tell them that they can pay return shipping, as I refuse to be out any money on this deal.

I ordered a Tactical Solutions barrel that arrived yesterday to replace the fit and finish is excellent, the any ammo that i put in it chambers with ease and this weekend I will see how accurate it is. I hope that I don't run into any issues with getting a refund, but if I do the CC company and Paypal should be on my side.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:01:29 PM EST
I had them thread a 10/22 barrel for me. The thread protector was a little off center but still looked ok til you got up close.
Top Top