Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2002 7:03:47 PM EDT
im working on an M4gery. i want to do a no magnifacation red dot sight with flip up backups to veiw through the scope. the cost of a flip up front is ok, but teh M.A.D. rear sight is like 200 $. no thanks, is thier anytihng cheaper?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a KAC 300m that I got for $50, but I got lucky, they usually sell for $100-150.

I like its simplicity and low profile, but it does not lock into the up position, so it is easily knocked down by just about anything that could hit it.  

Also considered the KAC 600m, but it is pricey too.

but if I had to do it again, I would get the ARMs #40.  It is one of the few sights that lock up, plus at $100, it's hard to beat the price.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorite, by far, is the ARMS #40.  Very sturdy.  Easy to use.  Cost is about $100.  I got mine with the integrated rail, known as the ARMS #38.

www.armsmounts.com/list.html#40
www.armsmounts.com/list.html#38
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My favorite, by far, is the ARMS #40.  Very sturdy.  Easy to use.  Cost is about $100.  I got mine with the integrated rail, known as the ARMS #38.

www.armsmounts.com/list.html#40
www.armsmounts.com/list.html#38

I have the #38 (Swan Sleeve) with the flip-up also. Nice to use with regular scoped optics.

My next 16" will have the S.I.R. system.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with the ARMS #40 and the Trijicon Reflex (ARMS#15 mount with two #15S spacers for added height).  The #40 is a good backup sight (though the default aperature is a little big for anything other than CQB) and the spring tension works very well.  I'd recommend it over anything else I've seen or used, and I think I paid $95 for the unit.  Much less than Knight or GGG.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to agree with SJSAMPLE, his observation is correct, the #40 is probably one of the best BUIS on the market.  I have two SWAM sleeves on my gun, and I am in the process of building a SIR M4.  I have own KAC 300m, GG&G, by far #40 is a superior design.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got a new Bushmaster flip up rear and really like it. $75 from BM.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, yer not gonna like the price tag, but I got a prety slick setup.

All from GG&G.

Flip up FRONT sight, with special low profile "co-witness" Trijicon Reflex mount/rail, and back up iron sight (BUIS).

It allows use of either the Reflex II sight, or iron sights with no modification.

All for the low, low price of $500 (not including the Reflex II sight)

The BUIS was $90. GG&G can be kinda slow, so I'd go with Bushmaster. Fast service, and comparable quality.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top