Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 3:17:57 PM EDT
Glock 19 with 300 rounds through it. One round stovepiped and did not eject case. I got it out and the slide locked up in the rear-ward position( actually a little too far as barrel was showing  about 1/2 in too far). The only war to get the slide in the forward position is to tap or push hsrd on barrel. It will not cock the trigger and go forward without jamming. Any hints as to what I have done. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
loader
I had something like that and what I found was the spring that hooks to the back of the trigger broke.
If you remove the slide and look at the lower in the very rear there is a small spring and it will break

Hope this helps
Blackgun
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you taken the slide off to check out the recoil spring assembly or various other parts? Do a visual, a Glock is pretty simple to examine and you might be able to find what is wrong rather quickly. Email me if you have any additional questions.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Must be your imagination.  The almighty Glock never jams.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
You buy a plastic gun, then you bitch when it jams. Maybe you left it in the sun too long, or one of the 12 soda bottles they melted down to make the receiver had a defect.

Glocks..... yuk.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You buy a plastic gun, then you bitch when it jams. Maybe you left it in the sun too long, or one of the 12 soda bottles they melted down to make the receiver had a defect.

Glocks..... yuk.

monel do you even own a glock? or ever shot one? cuz if not please shut up
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You buy a plastic gun, then you bitch when it jams. Maybe you left it in the sun too long, or one of the 12 soda bottles they melted down to make the receiver had a defect. hr

ignorance is bliss... get a clue
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glocks..... yuk.

monel do you even own a glock? or ever shot one? cuz if not please shut up

Glock owners who have never owned or fired other brands of guns are quick to slam the other brands and brag about their Glocks, so don't be surprised when people who own other brands take the opportunity to repay the favor.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Loader: Go over to www.glocktalk.com to get some REAL HELP and not just people who want to bash Glocks for some reason. Some people just have to have something bad to say about everything, just to see themselves post.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Loader: Go over to www.glocktalk.com to get some REAL HELP and not just people who want to bash Glocks for some reason. Some people just have to have something bad to say about everything, just to see themselves post.

Hey, CockedandLocked, here is a perfect example of thin skinned.  See the above posts, GlockRules.  If Glock owners would stop ragging on other brands, maybe owners of other brands would stop ragging on Glocks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
for the record i own a glock and i dont rag on others brands.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:Hey, CockedandLocked, here is a perfect example of thin skinned.  See the above posts, GlockRules.  If Glock owners would stop ragging on other brands, maybe owners of other brands would stop ragging on Glocks.

See the above posts, LarryG: The only brands I see being ragged on above are GLOCKS, so your point about Glock owners ragging on other brands is unsubstantiated within this post. And if you think my previous post is such a perfect example of thin skinned, then SHOW ME where I SPECIFICALLY ragged on other brands of guns. Otherwise, you are a perfect example of my post stating some people just like to have something bad to say about everything just to see themselves post.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't mean to cause a flame war here.  I have owned a few Glocks, and I honestly can say I do not like them.  They are too easily damaged.  The recoil is punishing due to the light frame.  Plastic is plastic, period.  Over time, it WILL break down.  Its a ugly fact of polymers.  Plastic scratches easier than metal.  Plastic can, and under certain conditions, will warp.

Glocks are nice for specific purposes, but I prefer all metal.  I enjoy my Beretta 92M CC2 stainless as my replacement for my Glock in CCW.  I miss the extra firepower of the double stacked magazine, but the durability offsets those gains.  The only thing that will melt on that gun at 500 degrees is the grips.

But that is me.  I have wierd tastes.  I like AR15's AND AK's.  I like the 1919, Pancor Jackhammer, M-44's, Mac 11's, and the almighty M-134 Minigun, but I hate Tec-9, Thompsons, Mini-14/30, M1 Garands, and M60's.  I'm a wierdo I guess.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I own several Glocks myself, along with several other "combat" handguns, SIG, Beretta, Browning, Colt, CZ.  There are things I like about the Glocks, and things I don't.  The only problem I ever had with any of them was the Glock's recoil spring guide broke.  

I can't understand the fanatic brand loyalty among handgun owners.  There are disadvantages to all of them, but I tend to favor the Glocks due to their light weight and low bore axis.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I didn't mean to cause a flame war here.  I have owned a few Glocks, and I honestly can say I do not like them.  They are too easily damaged.  

No flame taken, but you must back up what you say.  Please substantiate this claim.  Glocks are no easier "damaged" to non-functioning condition than any other pistol.  The fact that they lack an external hammer and safety selector means they are LESS likely to incur non-operable damage than your precious 92, when thrown/dropped on concrete.

The recoil is punishing due to the light frame.  

Which Glock model did you own?  If you understand the physics of recoil and a semi-auto pistol.... you know there are more factors than weight.  Captive spring, rotational inertia, heigth of slide, balance of wieght distribuition, etc... all come into play, not just weight of the pistol.  FURTHERMORE, If you truly have ever fired Glocks, then you would know that they have LESS RECOIL than many of their brother's of other brands in the same caliber.  A Browning hi-power, and a Beretta 92FS both have more felt recoil than a comparable Glock 17.

Plastic is plastic, period.

Yes.  What was your point?

Over time, it WILL break down.

So will metal.  What was the point?  In many environments (highly acidic for one) metal will break down much worse.

Its a ugly fact of polymers.  Plastic scratches easier than metal.  

Hmmm... surface coatings on metal (park, anodizing, paint) scratch quite easily.  They often reveal a light colored metal beneath.  When a Glock gets a scratch, it is hardly noticeable, because it's the same substance beneath as is on the surface.  I consider this a POSITIVE function of polymer.

Plastic can, and under certain conditions, will warp.

What's the point?  Metal can, and under certain conditions, will warp.  See?  Hear about a lot of Glocks warping?  Guess that would happen to a security force, such as the police, who carry full time on the job, and depend on their weapon with their life on a daily basis?  Hmmm... never heard of it.

Glocks are nice for specific purposes, but I prefer all metal.

Ahhhh, the truth comes out.  No facts, you PREFER metal.  

Nothing wrong with that at all, but if you are going to make a technical argument, back it up.

I enjoy my Beretta 92M CC2 stainless as my replacement for my Glock in CCW.  I miss the extra firepower of the double stacked magazine, but the durability offsets those gains.

Did you specifically find your Glock to "not be durable" ???

The only thing that will melt on that gun at 500 degrees is the grips.

How much time do your weapons spend at 500 degrees?  If I am in a 500 degree environment, the LAST thing I will be worried about is my choice of sidearm.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I didn't mean to cause a flame war here.  I have owned a few Glocks, and I honestly can say I do not like them.  They are too easily damaged.  The recoil is punishing due to the light frame.  

Hahahahahaha! You think a Glock is punishing? Hahahahahaha!

Plastic is plastic, period.  Over time, it WILL break down.  Its a ugly fact of polymers.  Plastic scratches easier than metal.  Plastic can, and under certain conditions, will warp.

You can apply all of these same statements to metal. Eventually all of your metal guns are going to wear out as well.

Glocks are nice for specific purposes, but I prefer all metal.  I enjoy my Beretta 92M CC2 stainless as my replacement for my Glock in CCW.  I miss the extra firepower of the double stacked magazine, but the durability offsets those gains.  The only thing that will melt on that gun at 500 degrees is the grips.

So let me get this straight....You gave up the extra firepower so that you could carry a gun that wouldn't melt at 500 degrees? Hahahahahaha!

But that is me.  I have wierd tastes.  I like AR15's AND AK's.  I like the 1919, Pancor Jackhammer, M-44's, Mac 11's, and the almighty M-134 Minigun, but I hate Tec-9, Thompsons, Mini-14/30, M1 Garands, and M60's.  I'm a wierdo I guess.

You're not a wierdo, you have the choice of liking whatever guns you want. You may not think very logically, but you aren't a wierdo.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#17]
The light weight of a Glock 19, along with the goofy grip makes my hand hurt after 40 rounds or so.  The heavier metal guns seem to help soak up some of the sharpness.

I've owned quite a few Glocks.  I've just grown out of the techo pistol fad.  Back in my Glock phase, I owned three normal Glocks, plus a AB-10, select fire Glock 17C with two angled compensator ports right behind the front sight, a select fire Glock 26 with everything else factory besides the FA mod and a +2 mag, and a factory Glock 18C.  I've sold or parted them all, and I will never own another one.

I prefer metal guns.  I'm on a Glock boycot.  They can take those plastic pieces of overpriced crap and shove 'em.  Glocks are saturday night specials with a high cap mag and a brand name.  I want something I can clean with solvent and gets better with age.  Show me a Glock that has been around for 400 years and a metal pistol at the same age, and then I will have faith in composites.  Till then, I will own metal only.  My AR is the only exception. :)
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#18]
1.  You still did not address my points above.  However, I agree with you, you can like any gun, or composition of material that you like.  Freedom of choice is great!

Quoted:
The light weight of a Glock 19, along with the goofy grip makes my hand hurt after 40 rounds or so.

This i can buy.  Not because of felt recoil, but from grip size/angle, the Glock grip certainly does not fit every hand.  No pistol does.

a select fire Glock 26 with everything else factory besides the FA mod and a +2 mag, and a factory Glock 18C.  

Just curious.  The Glock 26 came out in 1995.  No guns could be modified after 1986 to become a new MG.  How did you have a FA G26?  Dealer sample or some loophole?

Glocks are saturday night specials with a high cap mag and a brand name.

That's a little harsh, but you are entitled to your opinion.  To me, Glocks are ver y affordable pistols... especially compared to other brands.  New Glock 19/17/23's, etc, at the DFW shows sell for right at $450.  New Ber. 92FS, about the same.  Browning High-powers... $550 or so.  Smith 9's are around the same area.  In a semi-auotmatic service pistol, the Glock is hard to beat for the money.  The only pistols I can think of that give it a run (in the same class), are the Ruger P series, HS2000, and CZ75's... at around $350.  HK's, much higher.  Walthers, much higher.  How some people say Glocks are over-priced is beyond me.  

I want something I can clean with solvent and gets better with age.

Glocks can't be cleaned with solvent???  That's news to me.  They can be cleaned with most all common gun solvents.  Which ones did you find were not compatible with the glock composite?  Get's better with age?  How again do Glocks not?  The tenifer finish is one of the best things to come around to guns in years, and the Glock trigger gets cleaner with every pull.  You can fire thousands and thousands of rounds through a Glock with almost no noticeable wear.  The Beretta 92, on the other hand, for comparison, really begins to show some wear where the slide sleeve meets the barrel.  Since the barrel is not fully covered by the slide, this becomes noticeable.

Show me a Glock that has been around for 400 years and a metal pistol at the same age, and then I will have faith in composites.

I have no intention of taking you up on that one.  When I buy a pistol, I understand what service life means.  Most pistols have some number of rounds, where they will need some serious parts replacement... Glock's are especially known for being able to actually be USED.  There are Glocks that cycle HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of rounds with little effect on the overall accuarcy of the gun.  I challenge most other 9mm semi's to face up to that challenge.  (HK is probably in the same ballpark, with polygonal rifling as well.)

Till then, I will own metal only.  My AR is the only exception. :)

Good for you.  Now go in peace... enjoy your metal pistols (as do I) and stop bashing Glocks.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The light weight of a Glock 19, along with the goofy grip makes my hand hurt after 40 rounds or so.  The heavier metal guns seem to help soak up some of the sharpness.

I've owned quite a few Glocks.  I've just grown out of the techo pistol fad.  Back in my Glock phase, I owned three normal Glocks, plus a AB-10, select fire Glock 17C with two angled compensator ports right behind the front sight, a select fire Glock 26 with everything else factory besides the FA mod and a +2 mag, and a factory Glock 18C.  I've sold or parted them all, and I will never own another one.

I prefer metal guns.  I'm on a Glock boycot.  They can take those plastic pieces of overpriced crap and shove 'em.  Glocks are saturday night specials with a high cap mag and a brand name.  I want something I can clean with solvent and gets better with age.  Show me a Glock that has been around for 400 years and a metal pistol at the same age, and then I will have faith in composites.  Till then, I will own metal only.  My AR is the only exception. :)

you prefer all steel? the Beretta 92 uses an aircraft grade aluminum for its frame. so does the Sig. any examples of a warped glock? how about slide fractures?

my Glock 31 is of a higher quality than the Colt competition m1911a1 that i used to have. i love m1911's; like my Kimber. never had a problem with a Glock. i respect Beretta, Sig, HK, and others so im not a "pistol snob". my next two hanguns will likely be a Walther p99 or a Sig p220.

...titanium? lib
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top